Skip to main content

I'm wondering if there's a way to apply multiple validations to a text field. For instance, let's say I want that field to comply with the MM/dd/yyyy format, but at the same time, the date should be a future date (not today)... or another scenario, suppose I have two date fields, and I want the first one to accept only past dates (Issue Date), while the second one should only accept dates after what's defined in the first date field (Expiration Date). Do you have any recommendations for achieving this?

Hello, Jtovar

I’d like to give two suggestions, perhaps anyone else here in the Community give others.

1. Create Dropdown fields with all the possible dates that you would like to give for your signer, so he/she can pickup just one value.

2. Use RegEx Expressions in the Text Field.
    I found this example to a Regex mask to validate dates in a specific period of time, so you could try to adapt for your needs.
    Regex mask to validate dates

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

@jtovar Validations are more formatting options for a field then they are the ability to define specific conditions around data entry based on other fields. As I understand the validation feature there is a one validation option per field so you cannot apply more then one.  As @Alexandre.Augusto  stated the use of a Regex as a custom validation could be the best option when you need the data to be structured in a way that resides outside the default options that are presented for the field validation.

Another options would be the use of a Formula field to introduce some type of conversion from what the Recipient enters into a future date, like a Date +5 days. So a formula could calculate based on a text with date validation but the Recipient would only have control over the Text field and not the formula output.

Hello @jtovar  ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!