Skip to main content

I am wondering if I can use the “apply template” option on a document that is already partially filled out? I currently have a template for a form that has several fields tagged for the “client” to fill out. We often know a lot of the client info up front though, and would like to be able to fill out what we do know and then let the template apply to everything that is left to fill in. Is this possible?

@MarcieO Yes, but you need to be aware of what the Template is adding and not have it add fields over the top of other fields.  We use this method with several different types of documents where some additional fields are added along with additional Recipients based on the potential for different routing. I consider this an overlay Template and you can apply several different ones as long as you know that the fields being added or even the Recipients are in the correct order and again do not rest on top of other fields.

Hello @MarcieO ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!