Skip to main content

I recently sent several questionnaires to a couple of clients. Some of the forms were assigned to both of them, one was assigned solely to Client A, and four were assigned to Client B.

Client A completed and signed all forms assigned to him.

Client B completed 3 of the 4 forms assigned to her. She answered only a few items on the 4th questionnaire, and then exited DocuSign without signing any of the forms she had completed. She then let me know that the 4th questionnaire did not apply to her.

I opened the envelope to delete the 4th questionnaire, but I couldn’t because Client A had already signed the forms assigned to him. It seems that when someone has already signed, you can no longer delete any of the contents. So I just deleted the fields requiring Client B’s answers on the 4th questionnaire. I also deleted the few items on said questionnaire that she had answered. I did not touch any of the other three questionnaires that she had completed.

I re-sent to the client, requesting her to sign the forms.

She then came back to me saying that all her answers to the three other questionnaires had disappeared!

I re-opened the envelope to check and was surprised that all her answers had indeed been deleted.

Can anyone tell me how this happened?

Hi @MomSitter,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your signer’s answers were deleted after removing their fields in your document, but I will help you get to the bottom of the issue.

This is expected behavior from our application, after a change has been made to the recipient or its related fields.

Whenever a change is made to your recipient’s configuration on the envelope, a new signing session is started, which deletes any data previously entered by the recipient in the original signing session.

For more details on how to correct an envelope, see:

Correct an Envelope

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you so much, Alejandro. What you said made sense, and was also what I thought. I just needed someone to confirm that my hunch was correct.

Again, thank you!

Hi @MomSitter,

Thank you for following up.  

I am glad to hear that you found the resources I shared useful. We would appreciate it if you could consider selecting a comment as the "Best Answer", this helps other users find the solution to this issue in the future.

And, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible.   

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!