Skip to main content

I would like to know how to, or request a feature, that makes it possible at admin level to customise the default subject line prefix that appears in sending emails.

Currently this always defaults to “Complete with Docusign:” and this wording has on many occasions caused documents to be overlooked by recipients - the feedback I get is they see the word “Complete” and think it is a completed document, not a request for a signature, especially for our internal signatories who receive lots of documents for signing. This problem is compounded by the default subject line for finished documents starting with “Completed” - this just seems like a major UX oversight.

It is frustrating to have to go in and change this on every envelope. I did see a ‘solution’ that involved setting up templates, but I send lots of different docs, I don’t want a template for each one, and navigating to templates just to send a quick doc seems unnecessarily onerous when you have made all other aspects of the system easy and quick to use.

Hello @IainL ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the experience of changing the subject line for your envelopes has become tedious and frustrating, I understand you would like a feature that allows you to change the subject line at an admin level to avoid confusion from your recipients side. 

I would love to help you, please see my below responses:

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @IainL ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!