Skip to main content

As someone signing a document (not an account holder just someone sending me a document to sign), there should be some ability to reset what the signatures look like. I should not have to tell the person who sent me the document to cancel and submit to me. I accidentally initialed where i should have been signing and there was no way to erase it and resign it after clicking "adopt signature"

Two thoughts: First, once a "signature" is placed, you can't remove or change it. This is because if you're allowed to change or remove your signature, it would throw into question the document and, as a result, the underlying platform's, legal enforceability and reliability.

Second, in order to use different signatures, you can use the same name / email combo used by anyone to send you documents to create a free account to house your signed documents. When you do, you can adopt or change your signature.

This will work going forward for any future document or even in asking the same person to resend the document so that you can sign it again.

You can create a free account at the end of your signing ceremony or at any time by going to docusign.com.

Here's a write up on how to change your adopted signature (about a third of way down the article): https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-do-I-change-my-signature-or-adopt-a-custom-signature-NDSE

I hope that's helpful. Let me know how I can help.

Arash Sayadi