Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

We’re in our 30 day trial period.

I’m attempting to test a document that requires a signature from 2 different people. Ie. 2 recipients.

The first recipient can sign both signature lines (which isn’t correct) and the second recipient can’t sign any of the signature lines.

Can someone help? Where am I going wrong here? I should be able to test this even though I’m in the 30 day trial phase.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

@Frank C The trial period allows for most features to be active so I do not believe that is where the issue lies with your situation. The likely problem is that you assigned the two Signature blocks to the 1st Recipient.  When you create an envelope I assume you added two Recipients to the envelope. When you go to tag the envelopes (add fields) the fields are defaulting to the first Recipient.  In order to add fields, which are color coded, to the second Recipient you need to choose the Recipient dropdown ion the upper left of the field tagging screen to the second Recipient and then proceed to add fields for the second Recipient.  Typically the first Recipient color is yellow, the second is a light blue.  So the Signature blocks that are assigned to Recipient 1 and 2 should be unique colors.

Thanks David, I’ll give that a try.

Hi @Frank C,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello everyone,

We’re in our 30 day trial period.

I’m attempting to test a document that requires a signature from 2 different people. Ie. 2 recipients.

The first recipient can sign both signature lines (which isn’t correct) and the second recipient can’t sign any of the signature lines.

Can someone help? Where am I going wrong here? I should be able to test this even though I’m in the 30 day trial phase.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

I’m having the exact same issue and the two signatures I’m requiring are assigned properly in the correct colour for  I initials, dates, signatures.  This is a really important legal document.  

If you can suggest a fix I’d appreciate it.  Only one of the signatories has received the documents to sign.  I’ve done this many times and am quite baffled.  

Hi @Jen67,

Thank you for following up.

You can resend your envelope to all missing recipients in Manage>Sent>Actions>Resend.

In the case that you might need to reassign fields to a different recipient, you can do so by switching the recipient displayed at the top right corner, after clicking the field to edit.

For more details on these topics, see:

Resend to All Outstanding Recipients

Edit Field Properties

If your recipient is not receiving the email after resending the envelope, you will want to look into the guide provided below. Where you will find the solution to the most common root causes behind this behavior.

Why aren't my signers receiving Docusign Notification emails?

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alejandro,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately the envelope never carried the second persons signature info (once it was sent) so there is no one to resend it to.

It’s like I never put the second person on the page to sign or initial.  I’ve tried this more than three times now and given up.  This is a nightmare.  

Hi @Jen67,

Thank you for following up.

The only scenario in which the application would prevent the signing order from moving forward by default would be if the signer hasn’t completed their action in the envelope.

It is important for the signer to click Finish, at the end of the signing session. Otherwise, their action will not be flagged as completed in your workflow.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!