Skip to main content
Solved

Why is my signing date wrong?

• 2 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi! My client signed the contract last night on 3/1/2022 but the date that appeared was 3/2/22. This has never happened to me before and I need to correct it. I'm thinking my account defaulted to EST instead of PST and since he was signing at 10PM, it fell int the next day. Can you confirm? I've been in settings trying to figure out how to change it and I'm stumped. Stumped and frustrated that I sent this contract with the wrong signing date. 😮

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The time zone and date/time format information shown in Date fields and form data in the signing user interface and PDF documents depends on the following items:

• If the signer has a DocuSign eSignature account, then the time zone that is set under "My Preferences > Regional Settings > Specify a time zone" on the signer's account is used.
  •  Note: By default, all signer accounts are set to a default of PST for the time zone.
  • If the signer does not have a DocuSign eSignature account, then the time zone that is set under "My Preferences > Regional Settings > Specify a time zone" on the sender's account is used. If the sender’s account does not allow users to set their own time zones, then the time zone set under "Admin > Regional Settings > Default Time Zone for the account" is used.
  • Regardless of whether the signer does or does not have a DocuSign eSignature account, Date Signed fields will use the formatting defined in the sender's account under "Admin > Signing Settings > Document Formatting."

https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/Why-is-the-date-signed-field-displayed-as-Pacific-Time-Zone-PDT

Could you confirm if the singer indeed has a DocuSign account?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

You can create a case at https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport and a Support agent will contact you, If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator