Skip to main content
Solved

Complete PowerForm now but sign later

​I'm creating a powerform that needs to be completed by the "Leader" and then go through four more signatures before coming back (could take weeks) to the originating Leader to approve the entire process. If I set up recipient 1 and 5 as the same role/person, it asks for the signature when the form is being completed. How do I set it up so that the initiator doesn't sign until the form is routed to the others first?

Add another Recipient to the process or workflow. Basically we use Powerforms for something similar in which the process or workflow starts and ends with the same person, this individual fills out the powerform, it routes to multiple other individuals and then back to the first person for final signature. The Recipient flow looks something like this.....

Recipient 1 - Signing Order 1 - John - Needs to Sign

Recipient 2 - Signing Order 2 - Tom - Needs to Sign

Recipient 3 - Signing Order 3 - Sue - Needs to Sign

Recipient 4 - Signing Order 4 - John - Needs to Sign

The important part is assigning the appropriate fields or actions to the specific Recipient. In the above example, filling out most of the form is associated to Recipient 1, but the actually Signature field is assigned to Recipient 4 (same person), so the entire process happens before a final signature.

I have these are the current roles:

Project Leader

Area VP

HRS VP

Foundation Director

Project Leader

If I have duplicate roles, it "cancels out" the last one and asks for the signature from Role 1 right away. So are you saying not to have the "roles" filled in - or have them filled in as "recipient 1, etc. ?  Also, does recipient 1 know to put their name in both places? R

A recommendation, name the Role of Recipient 1 "Project Leader" the exact same as Recipient 5 and then hide it on the Powerform, when the person who is Recipient 1 fills in their Name and Email for Recipient 1 it will replicate to Recipient 5. This is how we have our Powerform setup.

What do you mean "hide it" on the PowerForm? Project Leader's signature?  Before when I named 1 & 5 the same, it made 5 disappear...but, I didn't "hide" anything.

For each Recipient (edit Template) there are Advanced Settings to the right, under the Advanced Settings there are two checkboxes called:

Don’t allow senders to edit recipient

Don’t allow senders to delete recipient

If you check both these boxes for a Recipient, then this Recipient is essence is hidden as it cannot be removed or edited. In my recommendation Recipient 1 and Recipient 5 have the exact same Role, by "hiding Recipient 5, when the Recipient 1 adds their Name and Email address it would replicate to Recipient 5.

Gotcha - I thought you meant hide it on the form itself. But, won't it want Recipient 1 to sign the form right away instead of waiting until it comes back around?

Each Recipient on the Template (Powerform) is color coded. So if you have Recipient 1 and Recipient 5 , even if they are the same person in Name and Email they are still considered independent Recipients, so as long as the Signature block is color coded or assigned to "Recipient 5", then the signature would only happen when the envelope cycles around to Recipient 5.

Bam! That worked! Not sure why this was so painful for me - makes perfect sense! Thank you so much for working me through this!

Now on to figuring out how to add a hyperlink/custom field in the document - aie yie yie!

Thank you!!

Glad to be of assistance.

Here is a DocuSign article on creating hyperlinks through custom fields....

https://support.docusign.com/en/articles/How-to-create-a-hyperlink-in-DocuSign

Ha thanks! I created one yesterday using these instructions but I placed it on top of the text on the form so it looks wonky - I think I just have to remove it on the actual form itself and place the custom field in its place.

I tried that once as well but generally getting the font size, style exactly right is difficult at best.

Do you set yours to "read only" ?  Also, I don't seem to have "collaboration" enabled on our account.

Yes, any hyperlink custom fields I use I set to "read-only".

Collaborative fields is a feature that is specific to DocuSign Account plans. I would check with either your DocuSign Account Manager or DocuSign Support to see if this should be enabled based on your plan.

I did email our Account Manager and am waiting to hear back. Thanks for all of your help today!

Ya know, I'm still not getting hyperlink correct. When I click on it the link path shows up above the link but it doesn't open. I must have the link in the wrong place.

Make sure your "pop-up" blocker is disabled on your browser. Hyperlinks in DocuSign open in a pop-up window.