Skip to main content
Question

UiPath : Token Expire but is not renewed : USER_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED

• 15 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m using DocuSign in an RPA process using UiPath.

After one hour of processing enveloppes, the connection is lost because of USER_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED

I can’t find a way to renew my TOKEN as no explicit parameters is acessible, and no UiPath documentation talks about it.

Please find below all of my settings:

• All my activities are from the DocuSign Package : UiPath.DocuSign.Activities.
  • Docusign Application Scope is withing my loop (so Connection should be renewed at each iteration, using the ReFramework)
  • Auth Type is : OAuthJwt configured with JSON file

Values of the JSON OAuthJwt file i’m giving to DS_Scope : 

{
  "typ": "JWT",
  "alg": "RS256",
  "iss": "this_APP_integration_Key",
  "sub": "this_User_ID",
   "aud": "account.docusign.com",
  "scope": "impersonation signature",
  "privatekey": "this_super_long_value_on_one_line"
  }

As well as the API_Key as “account_id” parameter in the “Create_Envelope” activity.

Problem is that even whil rebooting the JOB (as it’s a SystemException), the Token is not renewed.

My only solution for now is to activates triggers to launch a job every hour, and stop this job every hour so the Token does not expire, launch a new one… this and some tinkering for other parts of the process that rely entirely on longer TOKEN session.

How can I fix this and renew it automaticly?
Why is the token not renewing at each iteration through Docusign_Application_Scope ?
Why rebooting the job won’t renew token, but killing the job and launching a new one does ?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello, @Magnolia 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Check this out: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57782797/errorcode-user-authentication-failed

I think it’s the solution for you.

Best,

Alexandre

Badge

Hi Magnolia,

The lifetime for a JWT token is one hour, after-which a new token must be generated. I’m not sure how UiPath is built to work with Docusign, but it sounds like it offers a lot of flexibility as it sounds like you’ve added the authentication method into your loop so it should re-authenticate each iteration as you mentioned. I believe we would need to take a look in greater depth at what the application is doing, can you please open a support case through the case portal, found here: https://support.docusign.com/en/acct1login

Best regards,

Jonathan | Docusign Developer Support