Skip to main content
Question

Shared Access

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

How do I enable my settings to see envelopes and documents sent by other users? I’d like to see when they send a document, and when it is completed.

@DSMechanism Shared envelopes can only be enabled/disabled by your DocuSign Admin. You would need to reach out and get setup to allow access to other Users envelopes on your account.

Another option would be for other Senders to add you into the Envelope workflow as a “Receives a Copy”, if they add you in at the top of the Signing Order you would get an immediate notification and another when the envelope is completed.

Thank you @David.Schmitz! I am a system admin. How can I disable this setting?

@DSMechanism If you want to remove “shared access” from one user to another, you go to Settings, Users, locate the User in question, select Actions, then Manage Shared Access. Here you can add/remove Users from accessing this Users envelopes.  

Thank you, David 🙂! I don’t want to remove access. I’d like to receive email notifications when another user sends a document and when the document is completed. Is this possible? @David.Schmitz 

@DSMechanism The way notifications work is that you have to be the Sender or a Recipient on the envelope workflow to get notifications.  If you want to receive a notification everytime and envelope is sent then you would need to be added to that envelope workflow. Best option would be as a “Receives a Copy”. The only way I can think of to “guarantee” this action would be to create Templates for every envelope(s) that need be sent, require the use of a Template by every User and within those Templates set yourself as “Receives a Copy” near the top of the Template/envelope workflow.

If using Powerforms then you could be set as the Sender of each Powerform and you get a “view” notification and a completion notification.

Next best option is to use “Reports” to see all envelope activity.

Hi @DSMechanism,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!