Skip to main content
Solved

Possibility of transferring the eSignature licence to another user

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have received inquiry from one of user if it is possible to use a DocuSign licence of User X for another one - User Y since the User X will be temporarily OOO and User Y will use DocuSign only for couple of weeks.

I have not run into this situation before and I have asked them if they meant that account for User Y should be opened with same level of access as User X has, and then to share envelopes with User Y, given that I see that as a potential solution with desirable outcome.

However, before proceeding with addressing this request I wanted to check if someone has a different possible solution or information?

Thank you in advance,

Irena

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if there is a possibility of transferring the eSignature license to another user.

One of the options would be to have the user that leaves the office change the email of the DocuSign account to the new user and then, when the user returns the new user will change back the email.

More information at Change Email.

If an Administrator prefers more complete control over user email updates, we recommend implementing SSO. Visit our Contact Support Page and create a case to discuss enabling SSO. 

Once set up, learn how to update addresses by reading: How do I update user email addresses on an SSO-enabled account?

Administrator workaround

If a user is unable to change their email and SSO has not been implemented, Administrators can follow these steps:

1. Close the existing user
  2. Create a new user
  3. Transfer envelopes

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for detailed explanation, it is very helpful.

I will have one more question, how I can check licences, used and available ones?

Thank you in advance

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back, you will need to review your latest invoice and compare the number of users that you are paying with the amount that you have active. Please see Download an Invoice

You can also create a case with DocuSign Support, the support agent will provide the information.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you very much!

Very helpful, will do so!