Skip to main content
Question

PDQ msi

• 13 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to get the print driver setup through PDQ deploy, using the newest msi download but I keep getting an error about a legacy mode. Has anyone seen that or know how to fix that in the msi?

Hi @fiore,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to install Print Driver due to this error, but I will assist you in solving the issue.

Based on previous records of this error, the most common root cause tends to be the trust certificate used when installing the app.

To correct this behavior, try the following:

1. Install Print Driver on a local machine
  2. Make sure you select the "always trust" option when prompted
  3. Open Internet Explorer and go to Settings|Content|Certificates
  4. On the tabs up top find Trusted Publishers, click on DocuSign, Inc
  5. Click Export
  6. Leave the default selection of DER encoded binary X.509 and hit next
  7. Name it docusigncert or whatever you feel like calling it
  8. Save it to your preferred location
  9. Now, in your install script, you can add it to the trusted installers with this command: certutil - addstore -f "TrustedPublisher" docusigncert.cer (or what you named it)

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alejandro, thank you for your response. If we don’t use internet explorer anymore would this be causing the issue? Our institution decided it was best to not allow any devices to use internet explorer after it became unsupported. 

Hi @fiore,

Thank you for following up.

We are currently analyzing alternative solutions to fix this issue without using Internet Explorer. 

In order to ensure that we have exhausted all available options for this scenario, we will need to take a closer look at the installation logs where you saw the error.

Please share them as part of a new support case, and we will gladly look into it as soon as possible.

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Will do thank you.

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue through your support case? 

If so, I would really appreciate if you could share the solution to the issue and mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to help and I will gladly address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!