Skip to main content
Solved

Is it possible to disable "Just In Time Provisioning" for SSO?

• 28 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Is it possible to disable Just In Time Provisioning for SSO?

Thanks

I think this is a bigger question than what I have seen in the Community. Seems to question whether you already have it enabled and if it would be possible to disable. Based on the documentation this looks to be a feature that is determined during the Implementation phase of DocuSign specifically when SSO decisions are being made. If it already is "enabled" then I did not see an Account setting that could just be turned off from the DocuSign Account Admin console. So if it could be "disabled" I think it would require a backend DocuSign change. Here is what I thought was pertinent in the documentation:

"Note: DocuSign’s just in time provisioning can be configured to create new users in a specific DocuSign account with a specific permission profile. Please consult with DocuSign Support to configure the provisioning settings correctly for your organization. "

So my suggestion would be to consult DocuSign Support to see if this could be done and under what circumstances if at all possible.

No this is not a switch that can be turned off. Once SSO is enabled for a domain your Identity Provider tells DocuSign if the user is authorized to be on the account, just in time provisioning is used if the IDP gives us the okay. The IDP is the one that's responsible for authorizing the creation of a user on your account.

Hi, is this answer still valid? Or can the Just-in-time provisioning be deactivated? Thanks, Nina

I would like a response to this as well. I have a user who has an alias email address. Her main address was used to set her up in DocuSign. I disabled that email and enabled the alias email. When she logs on to DocuSign, we see the following message.

imageDocuSign changes her alias back to her original. Is this because of JIT?