Skip to main content
Solved

How do I lock an envelope

How do I lock an envelope

Once an envelope goes through the entire envelope workflow and is completed it is considered a tamper proof document. Nothing further regarding signing, alteration can be done to that envelope.

Are there other concerns or does the above address your concern?

So if I'm trying to save a "draft" envelope, why does it say the "envelope is not locked" and I can't save, only option is to send but I'm not finished uploading documents yet.

@Edye West​  Not sure I understand what you are trying to do or when the error occurs, so you create a NEW envelope by selecting Send an Envelope, you add a Recipient and then try to Save and Close? If there are other steps please let me know the entire process as I tried these steps and received no errors.

I am hitting this same error. I have created an envelope, uploaded documents to it and set the signing order, etc. I am not ready to send the envelope yet. When selecting "Save and close", I receive the error message "The envelope is not locked."

I am experiencing this same issue right now. Please advise.

@Nikki Baird​ I have never successfully reproduced this error although I have tried using steps based off the details presented the envelope always saves to my Drafts folder. There is either a difference in the steps or a missing detail on why this occurs to you but not to others. First, I would start another envelope and document each step you are taking and in exact order and see if the issue happens again. Post those steps. If you cannot reproduce consistently I would suggest waiting until it occurs again and engaging DocuSign Support for assistance.

@Nikki Baird​ Also denote how long it takes to create the envelope and try to Save as a Draft, it may be wise to logout of DocuSign then back into DocuSign and start the envelope in case this has anything to do with a Timeout issue.

Ok, thanks.

At Correct mode and when i was ready to send, i get this message - The envelop is not locked.

And unable to Send out.. how can i fix this and send out for esign? Thanks.

I am having the issue. I want to Save and Close the envelope as a draft. I'm not ready to send and I'd rather not lose all my work on this.😑