Skip to main content
Question

User account set up incorrectly as SSO

• 19 August 2024
  • 4 replies

A new user account was setup recently with SSO. This was incorrect as it is a shared mailbox so we only have SSO for normal users.  How can I change this?

Do I have to close the account and try to set up a new one or will the fact the email address already exists, even though it would then be on a closed account, prevent me from doing so?

@Mary_Ryan 

Your Docusign Administrator can set up exceptions for user accounts, which allows them to log in with the email address and a password instead of SSO. These exceptions are recommended for Administrators, so they should know how to set it up.

I assume you are on an envelope consumption plan and not a seat based plan, as you try to add a shared mailbox? All users that have access to the shared mailbox need to be set up as individual users as well to be compliant.

Do you plan to access the shared mailbox account via Shared Access or use it for Custody transfer?

Hi Michael,

I am an admin user. My colleague set up the user account and didn’t go with this option so it’s forcing SSO.  I can’t see where to change this to use the email address and password. 

Basically, the shared mailbox was already a user with for example, an email address like test1@test.com . The team asked for this to be changed to reflect their new email address , for example, test2@test.com

My colleague set this new user up with the new email address but selected the wrong type so it’s SSO.  I cannot find how to change the policy for this new user to let the team involved login with the test2 email address and password. 

@Mary_Ryan

In that case, you need to select the user profile in Docusign Org Admin. → “View User”

Under the tab “Security” you can change the Login Policy to the second option available:

​Hi @Mary_Ryan,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!