Skip to main content
Solved

Web Form Carbon Copy?

• 29 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to have those other than the signer and sender of a web form receive a carbon copy of the completed form?

I have a routing group in the template used to create the web form and that is supposed to receive a carbon copy of the document after completed. However, for some reason the completed document is only coming to me as the sender and to the signer.

I see the option to have “Additional Recipients” as part of the Web Form, but it looks like this is really additional signers. I’m not seeing a way to add copy-only recipients here. 

Am I missing something?

@Lynsey.Folkman 

You can set additional recipients to receive a copy on the template. 

Go to Template Actions → Edit Template Settings.   From there you can add a recipient and set it to receive a copy. 

I have tried that and it isn’t working. I have the signer (who is completing the webform) set up as needing to sign, and I have a routing group set up who is supposed to receive a copy. But any time that the form is completed, the only person (other than the signer) who is receiving a copy is me (the sender). None of those in the routing group who are supposed to receive a copy at completion are receiving one despite being setup in the template that way.

@Lynsey.Folkman 

Could you test by using a single recipient set to receive a copy? This will help determine if the issue is related to the Signing Group.

Hi @Lynsey.Folkman,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?  If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

I made two changes and everyone is receiving their copy now:

1. I previously had a signing order setup with the signer as 1 and everyone else receiving a copy as 2. I removed the signing order.
  2. I previously had those receiving a copy grouped together in a routing group, but I did away with the group and listed each individually.

I’m not completely sure whether just one or both of these changes were necessary, but I am just happy that everyone is receiving their copy now. Thanks!

Hi @Lynsey.Folkman,

Thank you for sharing the solution to your issue.

We would really appreciate it if you could select your last comment as the “Best Answer”, this will help future users find the answer to this issue.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!