Skip to main content

I went to activate my web form and received an error that the checkbox data label must be unique.  I went into the web form template and tried to change it and it is greyed out.  tells me i can’t change it.

Hello, @mshealy 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

That’s happen when your checkbox group has a conditional logic rule created so it is not possible to change the name. See this figure where the radio button group has a conditional logic rule applied (it’s the same for checkbox group)

On this case you need to delete the conditional logic rule then rename the checkbox group data label.  After that you will need to create the conditional logic rule again. I know, that’s boring, but is related to the security of the process.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Thanks but can that be fixed?

Denise

it didnt work.

Hey, Denise!

Sorry, my mistake! The type of group that can be renamed is the Radio button group. 

The checkbox group get a read only unique group name ID

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=vuw1578456508448.html&_LANG=enus

When you save the template - what exact error shows up? Can you send a screenshot with such error?

Thank you!

@mshealy

There is a Checkbox Group Label that cannot be changed, as already stated above.

The Checkbox Data Labels can be changed and need to be unique as per error message.

I can see from the screenshot that you selected all check boxes and added the same data label. This also means the data is populated across fields, so if you check a single check box, all of them are checked. I am pretty sure this is not the intended behaviour either.

To resolve this, you need to select each check box and give it a unique data label that will show up in the report as well. I suggest the values that you have next to the check box, like “Professional Work Experience”. This way the resulting entries in the report can easily be understood as well.

THAT worked!!  Thank you!

Documentation should be updated to make this clearer with this sort of example.

Thanks