Skip to main content
Question

Making Recipient of Webform pre-populate on actual forms / Duplicate field errors

• 5 August 2024
  • 4 replies

We have an intake packet and there are a few separate forms that ask for things like Name, DOB, Person Filling Out Form, etc. I’m struggling with the fact that one must have a recipient in order to create a WebForm from a PowerForm. The Legal Guardian will be the one filling out this data for their child, so the top of the form automatically creates a place for them to enter their name and email address (red) as that the main recipient for this intake packet. However, on the form itself, it also asks for the Legal Guardian name, because for legal reasons, we need the form to outline who is filling out this data (blue). It’s giving me an error because it’s named the same thing. Do I delete the blue from the WebForm? And if I do, what about all those locations on the forms in which we need the Legal Guardian name on the form itself? Will the name still appear on that form once it’s been completed? 

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error when creating your Web Form, I understand this is due to the fact that you are adding the same field twice on the document.

Can you provide a screenshot of the properties being used when adding the fields to the Web Form?

Also, you can create a Demo account for free to try out any features or workflows before doing so in a production account, you can create an account using the following link: https://go.docusign.com/demo/

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge. Thank you for your assistance!

When creating a WebForm from a PowerForm, you need at least one recipient:

On the forms in our intake packet, there are several places that ask for the Legal Guardian Name as they are the person filling out the form. In the PowerForm packet, I’ve made it so that if they fill out their name on the first form that asks for it, it will pre-populate on all other forms that ask for it, by creating the data label “Legal Guardian Name” and applying it to all other forms that ask for that information. 

And I’m getting the error you see in my above post due to the Recipient, and the Data Label on the form, being named the same thing. I did try to do a search of the community to see if someone had asked something similar to this, but anything I typed in the search engine (asking the question every which way I could think of) I didn’t really find it. I apologize if this was answered before though. 

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

Thank you for reaching back.

You would need to change the name on the Data Label or on the Role you have established, for example:

Role: Guardian

Data Label: Legal Guardian Name

The error you are seeing is due the Web Form adding “name” to the end of the Role making it identical to the Data Label of the text fields, unfortunately, there isn’t a way to prevent Web Forms from adding that extra word, therefore one of the two has to be changed.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @Dawn Sarvak ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,