Skip to main content
Question

Question regarding TextTabs in Apex Toolkit

• 28 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello!
I am currently using the Apex Toolkit to send envelopes from Salesforce and i have a question about Tabs. I have a TextTab with an hardcoded value (so i use the withValue() method) that i am attaching to a recipient. This tab is not read-only, so the recipient of the envelope can update the field. My question is: where does this tab value go once the document is completed and saved back to Salesforce? I tried looking on the
DocuSign Envelope Document object and the DocuSign Envelope Recipient but i don't seem to find it. My requirement is to save back the value of this tab with a trigger on another object, so i need to  be able to access those tabs and values from somewhere in salesforce.

I hope i gave a clear enough explanation.

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Have you checked this article?Sending with merge fields using the Apex Toolkit (docusign.com)

Badge +1

I am not using merge fields, i am hardcoding a value with the withValue method and i’m not referencing any Salesforce Object. Something like this:

dfsle.Tab TestTab = new dfsle.TextTab()

.withRequired(true) // If you set this to false the payment is optional.

.withValue('test value') // Payment of $4

.withReadOnly(false)

.withDataLabel('Test tab')

.withPosition(new dfsle.Tab.Position(1, 1, 200, 20, null, null));

is there any way i can retrieve the value of this tab in salesforce?

Badge +1

Hello!
I am currently using the Apex Toolkit to send envelopes from Salesforce and i have a question about Tabs. I have a TextTab with an hardcoded value (so i use the withValue() method) that i am attaching to a recipient. This tab is not read-only, so the recipient of the envelope can update the field. My question is: where does this tab value go once the document is completed and saved back to Salesforce? I tried looking on the
DocuSign Envelope Document object and the DocuSign Envelope Recipient but i don't seem to find it. My requirement is to save back the value of this tab with a trigger on another object, so i need to  be able to access those tabs and values from somewhere in salesforce.

I hope i gave a clear enough explanation.

Thank you

I basically would need this: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/envelopes/enveloperecipienttabs/list/ but through the apex toolkit, if possible