Solved

You are not authorized to access the envelope.

• 11 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, I installed the Docusign Apps Launcher and eSignature for Salesforce product yesterday in Salesforce. I successfully connected to Docusign via Salesforce... I see the Apps Launcher record in Docusign Connect. Things look fine, however, I'm unable to create an envelope template from Salesforce. I'm getting a "You are not authorized to access the envelope." error when I try to create a template. I'm the admin in both Docusign and Salesforce. I have all permissions that I can think of. What gives?

Reproduction steps:

1. Go to Docusign Setup in Salesforce

2. Click on eSignature >> Configure

3. Click on Create a Template

4. Name the template

5. Select Lead as the source

6. Upload a PDF and click on Next

7. Observe

Expected: I'm able to add the document to the template and proceed to the next step

Actual: "You are not authorized to access the envelope." error pops up... from the API logs in Docusign Connect, I see "ERROR: This User lacks sufficient permissions. :: Setting: userOverrideEnabled"

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 7 May 2021, 21:14

View Original

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello

I runned into the same issue today after I just intalled the Docusign App Launcher. I'm also Admin in both tools with all necessary permission sets - the only difference is im trying with Opportunity as a source.

As soon as I try to save the document I upload or add a contact in the 2nd step (and skipping the first one) I get the same message - "You are not authorized to access the envelope."

Hopefully someone can give more info

Userlevel 2

Hi, I am facing the exact same problem. I would love some help here as well.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Same problem here

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi all, this is documented here, in the eSignature for Salesforce Troubleshooting Guide:

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/esignature-essentials-troubleshooting-guide

Here's a link to the individual topic:

https://docs.docusign.com/supportdocs/dal-esignature-essentials-admin-guide/Content/esignature-essentials-troubleshooting-guide.htm#azw1597029242182

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 2

Hello there,

As suggested in https://docs.docusign.com/supportdocs/dal-esignature-essentials-admin-guide/Content/esignature-essentials-troubleshooting-guide.htm#azw1597029242182 I did enable the "Allow sender to override account defaults" in the docusign account, but I still can't create a template. Getting the "You are not authorized to access the envelope." message as soon as I click the first Next button after choosing a title and Object (Opportunity).

Any ideas?

Userlevel 2

I am having the same problem. "Allow sender to override account defaults"  was already checked in my DocuSign account and yet I still get this error when I try to create a new docusign envelope template in Salesforce. I'm using v3.3.1 of the DocuSign Apps Launcher.

Userlevel 2

So there are two steps you need to do to fix this error:

1. Ensure that you have all of the IP Addresses Whitelisted from Docusign (see in the help article) & added to Trusted Networks
  2. Then go and follow that help article, Login to Docusign > Settings > Reminders & Expiration > Allow senders to override account defaults
Userlevel 2
Sorry when the ticket was created ? Bien Cordialement Le mar. 7 juin 2022 à 17:01, DocuSign Community a écrit :
Userlevel 2

I had this problem too. Editing the user's DocuSign Permission Profile (in DocuSign not Salesforce) from DS Viewer to DS Sender fixed it.