Solved

What is the conditional logic that needs to be added to template when the field is being pulled from Salesforce?

• 31 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Example: I'm trying to remove state/province for our EU clients, but I need to to be a required for for out US clients. 

Current Logic: <Content Select="//State_Province" Optional="true"/> #>

We want our US clients to be required to have State/Province, but we don't want this field for our EU clients.

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 31 October 2022, 23:16

View Original

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Are you creating a custom button within Salesforce using URL? Or would you be editing/creating a workflow in CLM to be used in Salesforce? Are you using CLM.CM or CLM Essentials?

If you believe that you need further assistance, you can create a Customer Support case and a Tech Expert will be able to help. Please click the link below to open a Support case: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Best regards, 

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

Userlevel 2

Hey Nathaly,

I'm currently working in CLM. CM. We already have a workflow that pulls information from salesforce into CLM.

As of right now we have a form in the Doc Gen feature that state/province field being pulled from salesforce into CLM. We have the state/province being required for all contracts coming into CLM. However, we now want to only require state/province for just US clients. Is there a way to add a condition to the state/province field that will only show the state/province when US contracts are generated from salesforce.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching back.

The logic around the required field would be handled in the Doc Gen Form. e.g.

Field for State_Province (Conditional for Salesforce field Country=US) - required flag enabled

Field for State_Province (Conditional for Salesforce field Country!=US) - required flag disabled

The above would produce the required flag as enabled/disabled based on the Salesforce field for "country". The field will be there in both cases, but only required when country = US.

If you believe that you need further assistance, you can create a Customer Support case and a Tech Expert will be able to help. Please click the link below to open a Support case: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue!

Best regards, 

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator