Question

Sending issues

Badge

Hi, 

I am using Docusign for sending quotes for signature from Salesforce. 

I created an envelope template on the quote object with auto placed fields/merge fields etc. Configured to take latest document from the record. 

I created a Docusign Gen Template using the same template as on envelope template and linked it for sending after generation to my envelope template. (Output as PDF)

When I click generate and send, I am getting 3 documents appearing for sending instead of 1 ( latest from the quote) 

2 documents are PDFs where the quote fields have rendered and populated correctly

1 document is the envelope template itself where the fields are not rendered and are still showing. merge fields values. example (="/SBQQ__Quote__c/SBQQ__ExpirationDate__c"/> #>)

I was expecting one document ready for sending with auto placed fields. 

If I deselect the envelope template, the other two documents although rendered with quote info, no longer have the auto placed fields. 

I cant seem to find any articles to help with this issue, please can someone help if they have encountered the same issue?

Many thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @CheemaG ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

My apologies for the late reply.

I’m sorry to hear that more documents are being added, I understand you just need one and that the documents being added are two PDFs where the fields are and the template where the merge fields are showing. I understand you just need one document but when removing the template it makes a mess of the anchor tags.

Can you try to upload the document of Envelope Template to Gen template and remove the document from Envelope template. The envelope template is only used to render the anchor text as the singer role name should match Signer 1, 2, 3 etc. as seen in the following article: DAL: Docusign App Launcher admin guide - Automatic anchor text and tags

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @CheemaG ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Badge +1

Salesforce: My Template has the signature, initial, and date tags in it. When sending through the envelope those tags do not show up for the signers. They have to put in their own. How do I have it work right?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @JeffG8  ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Can you provide a screenshot of how it looks for you before sending and how it looks for the signer? 

Best regards,

Badge +1

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @JeffG8  ,

Thank you for reaching back.

You would need to set up an envelope template configuration and ensure you have recipients with the Role Names of either “Signer 1” or “Signer 2" for those fields to map properly. Then link it with the Gen template configuration. Note, in the esignature envelope template configuration you do not need to upload a document. Simply define the recipients. Signer 1 would inherit fields like s1, d1, n1 and Signer 2 would inherit fields like s2, d2, n2.

Best regards,