Skip to main content

We have a partner portal built on Salesforce experience cloud where our resellers can bring in deals. We want our resellers to able to send documents to their customers to be signed and also capture some data that is written back to Salesforce fields. 

We have been able to install the docusign package and setup a template configuration in Salesforce with all the merge field, field placement and even set the config to update certain Salesforce fields on send and successful signing. 

We want to be able to pull in the DocuSign template configuration in Salesforce and use that to send the template but can’t seem to find a way to do that in experience cloud. 

With the Apex toolkit, it doesn’t appear to allow us to fetch the DocuSign template configuration in Salesforce and use that to deliver the envelopes. Looks like we have to hard code everything from the merge fields to updating the Salesforce fields on send and completion. 

Does anyone know a way around this? 

Hello @Theodenanyoh

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when you are trying to Send envelopes from the Community Portal using the template configuration.

I am currently reviewing the information about your post to provide a proper resolution, as soon as I get the information verified I will update this post.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @Theodenanyoh

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when you are trying to Send envelopes from the Community Portal using the template configuration.

You can use two options based on the scenario of an envelope being sent from the Salesforce experience cloud site :

#1 Create a Salesforce Experience Cloud Envelope Template

Docusign envelope templates are sending experiences administrators build in Salesforce, containing documents, recipients, and signature fields. You can build Experience Cloud envelope templates to let your Experience Cloud users sign a document from a Salesforce record. When users select the Experience Cloud custom button, Docusign starts the signing process. The Experience Cloud user signs first, followed by any other recipients in the template.

You can learn how to create a Salesforce Experience Cloud Envelope Template by following these steps: 

• 1. Prepare your Salesforce Organization for Experience Cloud Envelope Templates. 
  • 2. Add a name, data source, and experience cloud option. 
  • 3. Add documents to your template. 
  • 4. Add recipients to an Experience Cloud envelope template. 
  • 5. Create Salesforce merge fields to add to your template. 
  • 6. Place Docusign and Salesforce fields on your template documents. 
  • 7. Add options like "delivered by" and reminders to your Experience Cloud envelope template. 
  • 8. Create an envelope template custom button on a Salesforce page layout.

#2 Create Send With Docusign Actions for Salesforce Flow

Salesforce Flow is a tool that automates business processes and replaces Salesforce Process Builder. It can trigger the creation of a Docusign envelope based on events such as record creation, record update, platform event message, flow triggered by another flow, or date and time from a schedule-triggered flow. This article explains how to add a Send With Docusign action to a Salesforce Flow and how to change the envelope template used.

This option only works for Salesforce users who are non-Docusign (not DAL-authorized) users. Important: You must install Docusign Apps Launcher v6.1 or higher to use this feature.

You can create a Salesforce Flow with the Send With Docusign Actions and utilize a standard Docusign envelope template.

Requirements:

• The triggering users must have access to the APEX class. The Docusign Sender permission set will suffice.
  • And System Sender must be enabled.

The envelope sender will be the configured System Sender

This scenario is similar to the one below, but in this case, you do not have to write any code.

Enable a System Sender To Let Non Docusign Users Send and Sign Envelopes With the Apex Toolkit

With the Apex Toolkit, you can enable a system sender to allow non-Docusign users to send and sign envelopes. The Docusign administrator user will be displayed as the sender when non-Docusign users send envelopes. To enable this, access the Docusign Setup page as a Salesforce administrator, select eSignature, then Settings, and choose a Docusign administrator from the Enable System Sender drop-down menu.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Theodenanyoh,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.