Solved

Prevent salesforce/docusign users from seeing documents in Salesforce.

• 25 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

We have a typical Salesforce docusign integration. The problem is that all sent documents/envelopes are synced back to Salesforce. Any Salesforce user that is also a Docusign user can switch to the Docusign Lightning App and use the tabs such as "Docusign Status" and "Docusign Envelope" to see any document that was synced back to salesforce. Obviously we don't want all users to be able to see sensitive documents such as offer letters, etc. How can we 1) prevent this data from being synced back to salesforce or ... 2) control who has access? TIA, Mike

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 25 October 2022, 19:07

View Original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

To better assist you do you mind providing me with:

• The package name(s) that are in use.
  • The version(s) you are on.
  • How are the users generating the envelope, if it's with a custom button, the standard send with DocuSign button?
  • Are the users generating the envelopes through the DocuSign Web App or through Salesforce?

What Version of DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce Am I Using?

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Userlevel 2
  • DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce
  • Version Number7.7.4
  • Both custom and standard buttons
  • " DocuSign Web App or through Salesforce" I am told, both, but I personally am finding no evidence of DocuSign Web App envelopes in Salesforce

I tried to solve this issue myself, but could not find any documentation on how the 'sync to salesforce' process works. So if you know of any such documentation, I would love to see it. Thanks! Mike

Userlevel 2

Re the 4th bullet point. I have now found Envelopes on Salesforce that were Sent by a user who does not have Salesforce Access. So, the correct answer is "both'. Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

Thank you for the information provided I appreciate it.

With the DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce package, you can create a custom workflow to only write back certain envelopes.

You will need to implement the use of DocuSign's Envelope Custom Fields and Connect's filtering to be able to accomplish it.

The following article provides step by step instructions on how to set this workflow and what needs to be done in both DocuSign and Salesforce: **Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - How do I make only certain envelopes appear in DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce?

I want you to keep in mind that with adding this functionality, at minimum, only the Envelope ID will be added to the record, unfortunately, this is an unavoidable artifact of the process.

Furthermore, to control who can write documents back to Salesforce, you can use the "Select users to include" option within the Salesforce Connect settings.

You might find the following information useful:

Change DocuSign Connect for Salesforce Settings

Limit Specific Users' Envelopes from being published with DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce Connect Configuration Settings

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator

Userlevel 2

Got it, Thanks for your help.