Question

Is there a way to automate inputting a recipient's name as merge field in envelope template in DocuSign?

• 15 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Is there a way to automate inputting a recipient's name as merge field in envelope template in DocuSign?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @Yash260195,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to automatically fill out your recipient’s name, as part of your Envelope Template configuration. I will happily share the steps needed to set it up.

If you are looking to automatically add your recipient’s name to your document, this can be done by assigning a Full Name document field to your recipient in the Docusign eSignature template fields.

In the case that you might be looking to dynamically add your recipient’s contact information based on existing Salesforce records, you can do so by defining a Recipient Type in the Add Recipients step of the Envelope Template creation or editing process in Salesforce (Docusign Envelope Templates>Actions dropdown>Edit>Recipients).

You can find more details on the available Envelope Template Recipient Types and how to manage your Envelope Template Recipients, here:

Envelope Template Recipient Types

Edit the Details of an Envelope Template Recipient

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!