Solved

Is it possible for the recipient to edit their name on the document received for signature from Salesforce?

• 10 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I could see the recipient can edit the title of him on the document received. Likewise, is it possible to edit their names by themselves on the document received. Let say we are sending a document to a contact from Salesforce whose name is given incorrectly. So the recipient needs to change it to correct one. Is it possible in any ways?

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 10 April 2023, 23:55

View Original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

This can be accomplished through the Recipient Name field.

With this field, your recipients will be able to have their names automatically populated and will also be able to edit it by double-clicking the field, if needed.

For a detailed list of the standard fields offered as part of the eSignature application, see:

Field Types

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Userlevel 2

Hi

By Recipient Name field, did you mean the standard 'Name' field? I am using DocuSign for SFDC from which adding the recipient and sending the document. After adding the 'Name' field and sending, the recipient is receiving the document with the name as what we populated from the Salesforce. I tried editing by double click, but is not able to edit the field. Can you let me know what I am doing wrong?

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

My apologies, your point is totally valid. Upon testing I was able to confirm that double-clicking the name field will not let you edit the name related to the recipient.

The appropriate way to do so would be to change the recipient's name at the moment of adopting a signature. This change will trigger the Name field to be updated accordingly, as long as "Lock Recipient Name" has not been enabled under Settings>Signing Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration.

If this is not an option based on your use case, you might want to look into using a Text Box Merge Field instead.

With this setup, the signer will be able to edit the text in the text box, as long as it hasn't been marked as "Read Only".

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 2

This helped. Thank You

Userlevel 2

I'm running into a similar issue. I understand that we can change the recipient name electronically in DocuSign, but since we're using a template, the signature name line and actual signature does not match. Generally speaking, do they have to match for a legal binding agreement? My assumption is since the electronic signature will suffice regardless of the name on the signature line but I'd like to be sure.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I appreciate you sharing your concern.

If you are required to force the signature applied to your documents to match with the name given to your recipient, this can be accomplished through the "Lock Recipient Name" option in Settings>Signing Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration.

You can find more details on how to manage your account's Signature Adoption Configuration, here:

Signing Options Limits

Signature Adoption Configuration

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,