Question

How to Suppress Table Rows when there are more than one row in a table?

• 17 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Guys I am working on a scenario where I have to show only 1st row of a table and and suppress all other rows. I have been trying to use this tag but it seems to be not working and suppressing all the rows. as a result no value is passing in the row.
<# <SuppressTableRow Test="count(./Ext_Dealer__c) >= 1" /> #><# <Content Select="./Ext_Dealer__c[1]"/> #>

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Sudhanshu Vijayvargia ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the code is not working as expected, I understand you are trying to suppress a single row of your table.

However, to assist you better, can you provide more detail on how you expect the code to work?

For example, if the the field is blank suppress the line and so.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

I am trying to show 1st row of a table and suppress all other rows . Because in my case all the rows are having same value, So if all rows appear in template it looks really bad. So just want to show the first row.
I am working on Quotelineitems in salesforce and all quotelineitems have same total price so just want to show first row only since every row is having same value.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Sudhanshu Vijayvargia ,

Thank you for reaching back and providing further information.

After analyzing your replies, I found that the conditions will always be true due to the fact that all values being there and the same so it would suppress everything.

Now, to suppress just the first row, you wouldn’t actually need to use the SuppressTableRow tag. You can filter the first row out adding the condition on the TableRow tag directly. You can see the tag below:

<# <TableRow Select="/Opportunity//OpportunityLineItems[position() > 1]" /> #>

Please note that you would need to replace this part /Opportunity//OpportunityLineItems with whatever objects you are querying: Use Filtering in a Word Based Gen Template to Import Only the Salesforce Data You Need

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hello Nathaly,

Thanks for the table Row tag that you shared it worked out for me. I just had to show the first row of the table and used this tag.
<# <TableRow Select="/Opportunity//OpportunityLineItems[position() = 1]" /> #>

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Sudhanshu Vijayvargia ,

Thank you for reaching back,

I’m glad to hear that your issue was solved, if you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,