Skip to main content

I noticed that to add merge fields in the middle of the document/texts, according to the instructions I need to leave a blank space where the field will be located, is there a way to configure that space to adjust to the text of the merge field? Because I notices that perhaps the Account Name for example is too long, and if the blank space for it is not big enough, it will be written over the document text.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if there is a way to create a template to be used in Salesforce, that is customizable with merge fields.

To better assist you, could you provide the current version of the DocuSign for Salesforce Package that you are using?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello! I do know how to create a template that is customizable with merge fields, what I wanted to know was if there was any way those merge fields can be inserted in the middle of a text, and that the blank space that is left for that field will be adjustable to the merge fields lenght. The version of Docusign that I'm using is Esignature business pro

Hello,

To clarify are you creating the template in Salesforce or in DocuSign? if it is on Salesforce are you using DocuSign Apps Launcher or DocuSign for Salesforce?

DocuSign for Salesforce - What Version of DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce Am I Using?

Best regards,

In Docusign Apps Launcher

Hello,

I am waiting on the reply from the specialized support team as soon as I get the information I will update this post or you can create a case with DocuSign Support to discuss this with the specialized support team directly.

Best regards,

Hello,

This aligns with the Gen product, which would allow them to add Gen Anchors where they need their Salesforce content, and the documents auto-size when Generated. Currently, eSignature merge fields do not have this ability, they are essentially a layer above the content until burned into the PDF.

There is a workaround but it would require you to set up the legacy ‘Salesforce’ Connect configuration (and no, you don’t need to install DFS in the SFDC Org). All you need to do to configure it is to configure the login to your salesforce org and set it to ‘Active’. You don’t need to mess with any other settings. After you set it up, you’d need to go create or edit a template in the web app so that you can get to the embedded tagging page, then click on merge fields on the left, then click the setting wheel next to each one you desire to modify the field width/height settings for. Also, consider using “fixed width” if you don’t want the field auto-expanding to fit the size of the content.

If you need hands-on assistance please create a case with DocuSign Support.

More information at How do I open a case in the DocuSign Support Center?

Download an Invoice.

Best regards,