Skip to main content

I need a way to keep the envelopes sent by an ex-employee to be updated when completed, even when the Salesforce user is deactivated.
I have tried transferring the envelopes to an existing employee, whose Salesforce user is still active. I republished all these envelopes.
Then I deactivated the ex employee. The document was then signed. On DocuSign, I can see that the envelope is marked as completed. But on Salesforce it is still marked as ‘Sent’.

Do you have a way or an idea why even after the envelope transfer, it is not updated when completed on Salesforce?

Thank you

Hello @Darsh ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Are you using Docusign Apps Launcher or the Legacy Docusign For Salesforce? Can you also provide the version of the package you are using?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello,

I’ve got exactly the same issue, and I use Docusign Apps Launcher. How can we see the documents that have been signed by the client in the envelope?

Hello @Marie DORANGE  ,

After further research I have found that the Docusign Apps Launcher’s (DAL) DocuSign Status does not update when the users are closed. I built and sent envelope as a user, closed the user, signed the envelope which did complete, but DocuSign Status would not update. So while the envelopes in flight do survive and can be completed it appears the DS Status does get compromised.

I also attempted to transfer the envelope to an admin via Docusign Web, then publish and this did not update the Docusign Status. In order to get the Status to update I had to reactivate my user in Docusign & DAL. Reactivating it in Docusign alone (and publishing) was not sufficient. As soon as I added the user back to DAL, the status published. 

Best regards,

Hello @nathaly.monge 

Thanks for your message!

It helped me a lot to solve this issue for this specific case (status is now OK in Salesforce… I transfered the envelope to myself and published this from Admin Docusign web…

I now want to establish a proactive process  when a user leaves the company, having active envelopes that can be completed further. Could it be:

• transfer the concerned enveloppes to another active user (does the recipient get an email in case of transfer?)
  • publish the change from Admin Docusign web (Menu  Connect/Publish)
  • deactivate the user…

Would it be OK?

Why the transfer is not automatically pusblihed and need to be done manually?

Hello @Marie DORANGE  ,

I’m glad that helped.

To answer your question:

• No, a recipient does not get an email in case an envelope was transferred.

As mentioned, it would not be possible at the moment but what can be done is to keep the user active until all needed documents are signed and published to Salesforce, after that you can try to transfer them to yourself and see if they remain in Salesforce.

However, we invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Best regards,

Hello @Darsh ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Hello @nathaly.monge ,

Thank you very much for your response.

Currently I am reactivating the users and republishing the envelopes on a daily basis. But I also want a long term solution for both interns and ex employees.

I already have a custody transfer on DocuSign to a generic Sender ‘Contracting User’. But in Salesforce the owner of the envelope is the agent who sent the envelope. Is there a way where by default in Salesforce I can set the owner of the envelope to a generic user from the beginning so that the updates continue even if the agent is inactive?
Leaving users as active after they left consume licenses and also on security level of the organization it is not an optimal solution.

Thank you for your help

Hello @Darsh ,

I understand this is a tedious process, unfortunately, there isn’t a way to have a more plausible solution. However, we invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Best regards,