Solved

DocuSign with Salesforce - Limitations

• 12 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi Experts,

We are planning to generate PDF documents for contracts in Salesforce. There is a limitation in salesforce that you can generate PDF only upto 2 MB size and also only 1000 requests per Org. Hence, we are unable to use Salesforce Omnistudio document generation. If we go with DocuSign solution, we will be able to accomplish the above requirements and what is the max size limit on the PDF and how many documents max we will be able to generate in an hour? Please let me know asap. 

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=ind.doc_gen_client_side_server_side_docgen_compared_392343.htm&type=5

Size limit: The size limit of client-side generated documents is 10 MB starting Winter '22 release. For earlier releases, the size limit is 2 MB.

Size limit: The size limit of server-side generated documents is 2 MB. You can submit up to 1000 requests per hour, per org.

icon

Best answer by Vinicius.Rodrigues 12 March 2024, 20:16

View Original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @venkatsf !

According to this article eSignature API rules and resource limits, there is a limit of 25 MB per upload to an envelope when using the UI (DocuSign platform via browser), or 32 MB per upload when using the API.

About requests per hour, it will depends for your envirnoment, account plan and/or utilization. Tipically a standard account has 3000 calls per hour, and you can check this API Limit by accessing Settings menu > API Usage Center (you must be an eSignature Admin). However, if you find your account still exceeds 3,000 calls per hour, you may be able to increase the limit using the API Usage Center limit management feature or you can also contact DocuSign Support for assistance in working on a solution.

Resources: 

Badge +1

@Vinicius.Rodrigues This is for Document Generation and limits are provided below and based on this article, looks like 12,000 per hour.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=izj1586134369853&topicId=zzx1652995543833.html&_LANG=enus

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @venkatsf !

If you are using Doc Gen for SF, this really is the article for you. However, this 12k/hour is only for invoices/billing requests using DocuSign Gen for Salesforce, not for all API calls.

I understood that you were looking for the limits for document generation directly in DocuSign, and that's why I shared that information. Sorry!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @venkatsf,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @venkatsf,

On a side note. If you’re building something custom to have these PDF’s sent out for eSignature, keep in mind of the heap size limits you can run into when the file sizes are too large. The default limit by Salesforce I believe is 6MB. It’s a common hurdle I’ve seen in the past. 

Assuming you would be using REST:

1. Do not pass the document in as base64 and use multipart mime to send as binary
  2. Build a gateway/helper app to GET the documents from Salesforce because this method does not have the same size limits.