Skip to main content

I am getting the following error in SF when attempting to save a template from DocuGen

Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null') at input location [1,2]

I have tried a very simple template with just some text and a Text field and I receive this error when I click on the Next button to save the template. Anyone have this issue and how can it be resolved?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hello @DZK,

Thank you for reaching out here. We want to welcome you to the Docusign Community. I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, and we are committed to providing you with the best service possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. Can you provide the current version of the Docusign for Salesforce package you use? If you tried to create another template do you get the same error? Can you provide a screenshot of the syntax of the template?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello @Christopher.Alpizar :

I am using DocuSign 6.9 from a Salesforce sandbox connected to a DocuSign account that has the DocuGen feature. This was confirmed by the DocuSign account rep. 

Yes, I have tried creating many templates using DocuGen with no success. I have tried relaxing the IPs, disconnecting and re-connecting SF to the DocuSign account. 

I should note that I was able to build a simple Word template and test end-to-end with it, including sending for signature. It is only when I try to use the DocuGen feature that this happens.

Here are the errors that I am seeing in the DocuSign Logs:

• Failed to complete product setup.
    dfsle.APIException: n101] Validation Error Reference ID: 931c7de0-c1ce-466a-95aa-16618ccd63dd
    (dfsle)
  • Failed to complete product setup.
    System.CalloutException: Read timed out
    (dfsle)

It’s not always exactly the same error in the logs, but the error on the screen looks the same.

Here’s the sample template that I am trying to save.

Error when I click Next is :

Hello @DZK,

Thank you for reaching back, to confirm did you followed this guide Create Gen Templates to Automate Your Contract Process?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar ,

I actually had a call with Gene and Rennie and this is a known DocuSign for SF bug that is being worked on. In case anyone else runs into this, wait for the fix.

Thanks.

Hello @DZK,

Thank for the update, by any change, did they provide with a bug ticket number?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.