Question

Conga composer Integration with DocuSign App Handler from send with DocuSign Button

• 5 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to similar send with DocuSign button which we have created with DocuSign signature (Older Classic version) where we are composing and merging conga template and passing merged document to DocuSign. 

I am trying to achieve similar functionality on single click of the button on newer app, Any help is really appreciated. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @pratikraj11,

I would recommend reviewing the DocuSign Integration Parameters. Unfortunately, I don’t have an environment to test this anymore since DocuSign has released DocuSign Gen.

Depending on what you’re trying to do, it is very capable to create your document and simply push it into a Docusign envelope. However, there are a lot more parameters supported by Conga that allow you to really sophisticate the solution. For example, default recipients and email subject.

Even though it is not documented, these parameters look like they are required:

&DocuSign7=1
&DocuSignEndpoint=Demo
&DocuSignExpireIn= (Historically if you didn’t define this, it would default to 0 and would expire the envelope at 12am PST)

&DocuSignVisible=1

&DS7=7 (This parameter is used in more than just Docusign, but would be required to attach the document to a Docusign envelope)

These parameters above would essentially function as simply to create your document in Conga and push it into a Docusign envelope. Everything else would be set manually. However, there are parameters available to set more defaults.

Badge +1

hi @Derrick.Tran ,

The URL is getting redirected to older package. I did try these.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@pratikraj11,

I apologize. I missed your last sentence. To my understanding Conga does not seamlessly integrate with DocuSign Apps Launcher.

It requires two steps:

1. Conga button to generate the document and save the file
  2. DocuSign Apps Launcher button to send the document

This is from Conga’s documentation for Integrating Composer with DocuSign App Launcher Package.

If your requirements are to make this a one-click send experience with DocuSign, you have a few options. Leveraging Docusign Gen to generate the document. Gen does require new licensing if you don’t have them already.

The alternative is to have Conga Composer create and save the document, but you need a method to trigger sending the envelope with DocuSign. In your composer button or template you would need to configure it to Update Fields in Salesforce.

Then create a Salesforce Flow to trigger the Docusign Envelope Template. This enhancement was recent, so make sure your managed package is on the latest version.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @pratikraj11,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!