Question

Alternative Approaches to Integrating Docusign E-signature with Salesforce with managed package

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello DocuSign Community,

I am currently utilizing Salesforce within my organization and I am interested in integrating DocuSign for the purpose of E-signatures. The standard approach appears to be utilizing the Salesforce-managed package, "DocuSign E-signature for Salesforce". However, I am exploring options beyond this package.

Could anyone guide me on alternative methods to send documents for signature from Salesforce without necessarily using the "Docusign E-signature for Salesforce" managed package?

Any suggestions or pointers would be immensely appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @patil kk,

Do you mind providing context on why you would not want to use the managed package? Typically this is the most attractive option because it would be Docusign’s responsibility for enhancements and support.

If you’re looking for more flexibility, the manage package comes with the Apex Toolkit. Which is essentially a library of Apex classes you can reference to make the same API calls that the Docusign managed package already leverages. Most tend to leverage this when they want to control the front end experience and not use Docusign’s.

If you want complete control of everything to integrate with Salesforce, then the REST API is another option.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @patil kk ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +2

Hi @patil kk!

I just wanted to follow-up to @Derrick.Tran’s helpful reply above and say that we have a great training class through Docusign University - Build Docusign eSignature Solutions with the Apex Toolkit - that you might find useful in exploring other ways to use Docusign with Salesforce. 

Here is a recording of that training: https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/build-docusign-esignature-solutions-with-apex-toolkit-recorded

And some self paced information about it as well: https://dsucustomers.docusign.com/docusign-esignature-for-salesforce-apex-toolkit

Hope this additionally helps!
Kelly