Question

Reporting Options

• 8 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

We are looking for a more streamlined/consistent way to report off of DocuSign data.  We are aware of Agreement Actions and we have the Retrieve reporting product.  We are looking at potentially creating a data set with Retrieve and sending it to a “shared” location where our PowerBI (or other reporting tools) will connect to the file/data.  At that point, we can use PowerBI or other tool to manipulate the data, add charts/graphs, tables, create dashboards, etc.

Does anyone use a specific other product that would allow us to be more consistent with accessing data from other systems, or from DocuSign, and for collecting real-time data such as status in order to create user dashboards?  Maybe I’m asking if there are specific products that utilize APIs for DocuSign as well as with other higher ed systems such as Banner, Concur, Contract Mgmt systems, Time keeping systems, etc.

Thank you!

Susan

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@srlee

There is a feature called Data Feed API, which was released in June 2022 and was created for the purpose to extract the metadata from DocuSign and leverage a BI Tool like PowerBI to set up dashboards, etc.

→ Contact your DocuSign Account team to determine eligibility and to request access.

Data Feed API

The Data Feed API is now available. This API allows a customer to programmatically retrieve envelope metadata from DocuSign eSignature at the organizational level. Customers can use this metadata to run analytics using their preferred business intelligence (BI) tools.

Source: Announcements June Core 2022

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @srlee,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Unfortunately I am still waiting for information about the DataFeed API from our account manager.  I’ve followed up, but still haven’t heard back.  If you have any documentation you could share, that would be great.

Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @srlee,

I appreciate you sharing your experience.

There is no public documentation on this tool at the moment. 

However, your account manager can provide you with a restricted version of the available documentation along with more details on its pricing, and how we can support you through the adoption process of the Data Feed API tool.

Please don’t hesitate in letting me know if there is any further delay in your communication with your point of contact within DocuSign, so I may escalate your situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @srlee,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by reaching out to your Account Manager? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!