Skip to main content

Hello, we have a client who transitioned from CLMs to Oracle Fusion Enterprise contracts and opted in to have DocuSign as the service provider for e-signatures in Fusion. Two users have their own individual accounts in DocuSign and both have full access to another DocuSign account which was used in the Manage Electronic Signature configuration in Fusion.
However, when they started using DocuSign for signing the contracts in Fusion, the DocuSign envelopes are being sent from their individual accounts and not on the DocuSign account that is configured in Manage Electronic Signature. This is causing issues since they are having issues in Fusion and cannot manage the signature.
Kindly advise on how to fix and what to do to ensure that the envelopes are being sent from the account configured in the Manage Electronic Signature and not from their individual accounts. Thank you.

Hi @danasan,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community.   

We’re sorry that you’re having issues with your Oracle Fusion integration. 

Based on what you’ve shared here, it seems that the root cause of the problem is likely with Oracle Fusion.  

Oracle support will be in the best position to help fix the issue., as they own this integration and will have more information on its internal workings. 

If after going to  Oracle support you still need assistance from our end, please confirm with them what specifically in your Docusign configuration is preventing them from connecting their application and we will gladly look into the situation as soon as possible. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello @Alejandro.Ramos , we have already raised this with Oracle support and stated that they cannot fix this after checking the setups in the Manage Electronic Signature since the issue is with DocuSign folders.

In the configuration, all the credentials- the user ID, account ID and endpoint URL are all from the shared DocuSign account. So Oracle stated that there should not be an issues since the details are all pointing to the shared account and not on the individual DocuSign Account. Can you please look into this please?  

Hi @danasan,

Thank you for following up.

I understand your position. However, since we did not developed this integration, we cannot help fix their product’s issue.

If Oracle support can point out, what setting on eSignature is preventing them from appropriately connecting to the right account, we will gladly assist you in updating your configuration from your end to help solve the issue.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Alejandro.Ramos -- the user id  and account name used for the configuration in Oracle is that of the DocuSign account which is being access by all users. 
Ex. DocuSign account A is for Kim, DocuSign account B is for John & DocuSign Account C is for Oracle Fusion.
DocuSign Account C and its credentials are setup in Oracle Fusion.
Kim and John both have their own individual accounts and have full access to DocuSign C.
Now the issue is, why are the signature requests from Fusion being sent from DocuSign Account A and B when they are not setup in Fusion.

Thank you.

Hi @danasan,

Thank you for following up.

Due to how security protocols work for custom integrations, if your users are able to send envelopes through a different account, in some way your Oracle Fusion integration must be pointing to their user ID and must have authenticated, it would not be able to send envelopes otherwise.

Since we are unaware of how this integration was built, we can’t provide you with any feedback on how this could be happening to a 3rd parties' app.

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Alejandro.Ramos , Im having trouble understanding how can the envelopes be sent out from the individual users DocuSign account when it is not configured in Fusion. Kindly help elaborate. Is there a way Fusion can access those when they were not entered in the configurations?

Hi @danasan,

I appreciate you sharing your concern.

Any integration built for eSignature will only be able to send envelopes if the application has been given access to impersonating the user in question within our platform. Our API Authentication process would cause an access error otherwise.

It is because of this reason that I can confidently point to Oracle Fusion as the root cause of this issue. As the affected users must have authenticated through Oracle Fusion into their personal DocuSign account, or this issue wouldn’t be present.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this topic, I will happily assist as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Hi @danasan,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!