Question

Independent Software Vendor ( ISV) questions from potential customers regarding DocuSign

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am working in a software company and we build an integration with DocuSign in one of our services. I have following questions , can someone explain what needs to be done at our customer’s end to have this integration working ? To give you some background our service will be used by 100+ users at customer end. Following scenarios,

1. Customer not having DocuSign. What kind of account do they need ? As partners, do we have to contact Docusign sales regarding the new opportunity in order to avail the referral benefits or does this needs to be started by the customer ? 
  2. Customer already having DocuSign with other services/software, Can the customer use the same DocuSign license with our service ? Is the customer charged per user or per service or any other criteria ? 

Thanks in advance,

Jithin 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @Jithin 

Welcome to the Docusign Community! 

Responding to your questions:

1. Customer not having DocuSign. What kind of account do they need ? As partners, do we have to contact Docusign sales regarding the new opportunity in order to avail the referral benefits or does this needs to be started by the customer ? 

A: As a partner you can contact Docusign Sales team to start a new opportunity then work together them. Or, a customer can start the process directly with the Docusign Sales team.
    Both options are OK.

2. Customer already having DocuSign with other services/software, Can the customer use the same DocuSign license with our service ? Is the customer charged per user or per service or any other criteria ? 

A:  Yes, they can, however that’s depend on the Account Plan they have. If they have an account plan that includes APIs so they can integrate with other systems using RESP API. Some third-party has their own connector to integrate with Docusign, although behind the scenes they are using API. If the current plan does not include APIs integration they can contact the Sales team to acquire such Add-On.

Customer is charged accordingly the acquired plan. In general, they will be charged by Envelopes, i.e. Sent Envelopes. For example, a Docusign customer  has integrated with a Third-party software, that software has a process to send a document through Docusign, it does not matter how much documents (of course, there is a limit, but very high) and recipients are included in the Sent envelope, customer will be charged by Envelopes sent. 

I hope that shed some light to your questions!

Best,

Alexandre 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Jithin ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!