Question

DocuSign Automation

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Today is my first day experimenting with DocuSign.  I like what I see but I can’t make it work for my specific situation/use case.  What I mean is, I can use the web interface, generate a template or generate a document.  It sends it out and I can sign it.  However, my sign and date fields would be in the same spot time after time but my documents would be different (so not standard forms) each time as these would be offers containing different products and prices each time.  I tried Zapier & others where you can ‘Send envelope using template’ and ‘Send envelope using document’ but the first does not allow me to specify a document and the second does but it always uses my pdf that was specified in my template.  I also connected my dropbox in the integrations part but don’t know how to use that either.  So I’m a bit clueless to how and if what I need is possible.  So I don’t want the employees to have to open DocuSign.  Instead I want their system to send an offer as a pdf to DocuSign or dropbox or ..  (if really needed through an api call but if possible even using a build-in solution or automation software) so that the client receives an email about the offer with a request to fill it out (in the places that DocuSign specifies).  I’ve connected many applications using both API and out of the box solutions so I’m not new to that.  I would prefer an out of the box solution here though.

Tx for your input.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @JimVH 

Welcome to the Docusign Community.

In general, an app integrated with Docusign eSignature has their own configurations on their side, so my suggestion is to evaluate your use case against the partners offering a solution.

You can search for Partners solutions here: https://partners.docusign.com/s/partnerfinder

Zapier is just one of them. For example, there is a tutorial for Zapier with Docusign:

Integrations with Docusign use REST API. Our Developer site is the best one about REST API integrations, full of examples and tools: https://developers.docusign.com/

Docusign will release on May in USA, the docusign IAM with solutions to create  workflows integrating with other apps. Take a look an overview: 

I hope that shed some light to your question.

Alexandre

Badge +1

What I notice in this Zapier demo is again that it does not send a unique doc to be signed, instead it always uses the same doc (in the example case a word doc) with dynamic fields so that it is fine tuned to the specific recipient.  In my case I cannot work that way.  I will always have unique different pdf’s that need to be signed.  I have the impression that that is not possible as I cannot send my pdf and have it overlayed with a DocuSign layer that shows where to sign.  It looks like I can only use dynamic fields inside a template.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @JimVH.

Thank you for following up.

The best course of action in this scenario would be reaching out to Zapier Support to confirm if their integration includes the option of applying your dynamic fields in an envelope, without using a template.

We would appreciate if you could share their feedback with us, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!