Question

Basic mapping not working

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I had a POC up and running a couple of months ago and am the point where I want to put into production and now I can’t get basic Docusign mapping to work within a template.  

Use case:  User fills out google form (also tested with Zapier form) and on submission kicks off a template in docusign.  On the docusign I have a document with fields that should be filled in/mapped from the google form submission.  At this point these are not getting filled in.  I can see the data flowing in Zapier from the google form submit.  I can also see the custom fields that I have added to the template.  But when I run the test, the custom fields are empty -- regardless of if I try to manually add text in the field in zapier (as a test) or if I put the google form data field in the Zapier field (how it would run in prod).

I’m fairly certain this is the exact setup I had previously, but now I cannot get it to work.  

Any ideas?

EDIT:  Not sure if this matters, we recently upgraded our Docusign from just Esignature to Esig + CLM.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @GrantG,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.   

I am sorry that you’re having issues with your Zapier integration, but I will point you to the best resources to solve your issue. 

Based on what you’ve shared here, it seems that the root cause of the problem is likely related to your Zapier configuration.

Zapier support will be in the best position to help fix the issue., as they own this integration and will have more information on its internal setup. 

If after going to Zapier  support you still need assistance from our end, please confirm with them what specifically in your DocuSign configuration is preventing them from connecting their application and we will gladly look into the situation as soon as possible. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @GrantG,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!