Skip to main content

I would like to take data from airtable  to put on pdf template or any template. Then would like to take this template that is filled out with this data to be electronically signed with docusign.  For example If I am trying to do a lease renewal for an apartment I have a general template of the renewal that has about 10 places where it takes data from airtable to fill out. Then I need to take this document and be able to get electronic signature and then store the final document on airtable. I also have zapier and can pay for make to help get this done if needed. 

Hi @jzeller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Since we don’t own an integration with Airtable, it will be in your best interest reaching out to them directly, or posting your question in their support community find out if there are any available alternatives from their end. You can find these options, here:

Contacting Airtable Support
Welcome to the Airtable Community!

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi guys! Here's a step-by-step breakdown on how to connect DocuSign with Airtable using Plumsail Documents and Make (formerly Integromat):

1. Generate documents from Airtable: Use Plumsail Documents to create documents from your Airtable records. You can easily customize these documents to meet your needs.
  2. Send documents to DocuSign: Automatically send the generated documents to DocuSign for signatures. You can set up the signing order and specify who needs to sign.
  3. Bring signed documents back to Airtable: Use Make to retrieve the signed documents from DocuSign and automatically attach them back to the relevant records in Airtable.

The article how to use Airtable DocuSign integration provides detailed steps and settings for this process. You can also apply a similar setup using Zapier. I hope this helps you and others looking for a way to streamline their e-signature process!

Can you use zapier for #3 to bring the signed document back to airtable?  

Hi! Yes. You just need to replace Make (Integromat) with Zapier.

The logic will be the same In Zapier, set the trigger to "Envelope Status Updated", using Zapier, extract the signed document from Docusign. Through the "Search record" and "Update Records" actions for Airtable, attach the file to the record. Read the chapter with the scenario/flow/zap carefully. If you have any questions, write!

​Hi @jzeller,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!