Solved

When I have sent a document via the desktop program which requires me to witness a signature (I know that this can be done prior to sending), when the request comes through to witness I cannot seem to use the mobile app (ios) to witness the document.

• 2 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
When I have sent a document via the desktop program which requires me to witness a signature (I know that this can be done prior to sending), when the request comes through to witness I cannot seem to use the mobile app (ios) to witness the document.
icon

Best answer by Community Expert 3 August 2023, 16:57

View Original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you having issues with witnessing the document.

Are you getting an error or the option is missing?

The DocuSign mobile app is built to handle most workflows, but there are some advanced features that are not compatible with the mobile app. For envelopes using any of the following features, a signer will need to access the envelope via a Web browser, rather than from directly inside the mobile app.

Envelope level (using one of these features will prevent all signers on the envelope from signing via the mobile app):

1. Supplemental Documents
  2. Sent from a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant account
  3. Pre-fill Document Fields

Recipient level (if a recipient has been assigned one of these fields or roles, they will not be able to access the envelope from the mobile app):

1. Standards Based Signatures
  2. eHanko
  3. Specify Recipients
  4. Allow to Edit
  5. Update Recipients
  6. Signs with Notary

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Userlevel 2

I am guessing the option is not available (cannot seem to find anywhere giving me the option to witness), none of the other options you listed are relevant.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I am waiting for the reply from the developer team about this, as soon as I get the information I will post it here to confirm if it is available or not.

Best regards,

Userlevel 2

Hello, many thanks for your assistance.

Hoping the developer team can find a solution to this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello,

It looks like there is currently a design difference between the Android and iOS apps that is blocking Witness recipients from completing their actions in the iOS app, currently, the developers and the product team are working to fix this, but we do not have an ETA on this, I recommend advising the affected users to copy the link from the witness email and open it in a mobile browser like Safari or Chrome.

Best regards,

Userlevel 2

Hi,

No problems, at least I know I am not missing something. Thanks for all your help and hopefully this does get fixed soon.