Skip to main content

I’ve recently had to sign important documents through docusign, and thoroughly read through them on my phone beforehand.

I noticed portions of text in the contract that I didn’t recognise or was even told should have been struck from the document. I also noticed weird horizontal lines below some pages/sections.

When I called the supplier of the document, they sounded surprised and said that the sections I mentioned had strike-through applied on their end.

And indeed, the desktop version of the document was fine.

Somehow, the mobile version moves the horizontal strikes away from the text, to somewhere below it.

This is obviously a software bug, but I wouldn’t call it minor:

The fact that this formatting, something that completely changes the contents of a contract, is stored separately as something visual (horizontal lines) instead of a property of the text itself (formatting) is very concerning.

(I have no idea what category to file this under)

Maybe it is worth checking which document the sender is actually looking at. It is not uncommon that the sender has worked out the contract in e.g. MS Word or similar, which is then converted to PDF in the upload process to DocuSign. That conversion can entail flaws, e.g. with fonts and graphical elements, and I’d guess that is outside the control of DocuSign. 

Just a thought. 

Maybe it is worth checking which document the sender is actually looking at. It is not uncommon that the sender has worked out the contract in e.g. MS Word or similar, which is then converted to PDF in the upload process to DocuSign. That conversion can entail flaws, e.g. with fonts and graphical elements, and I’d guess that is outside the control of DocuSign. 

Just a thought. 

They were looking at the same document through the desktop version web ui of docusign.

Even if it's some weird pdf property: it's docusign's job to properly display a document on any device.

Especially if it's a pdf file, where there is an assumption that it's always displayed the same no matter where you look at it.

Hi @RSAsterix,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.