Skip to main content

I have a power automate flow in which I get a document from SharePoint, create an envelope with it, then send it to users to sign. Then, I use a separate flow that when the envelope status changes, to then get the completed document and create a file in SharePoint with it. I have run into a couple issues that I cannot solve:

1. This DocuSign account will be used to send many types of documents but I only want one type of document to be sent to this SharePoint site (for example NDAs signed by employees but not contracts send to customers). Is this possible?
  2. Below is the second flow I was using but it is works for all envelopes rather than just what I want; and after succeeding, it tries to then run the same final action many times and fails. (my guess is that it’s because the envelope goes through many status changes before being completed but since you can only have one file with a specific name it can’t create a new one for each status change). Is there a better way to do this? By the way, all of these desired documents will start with the same prefix so maybe that can help.

​​​​​​​Thank you!

Hello @Izzy ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Power Automate flow, I understand you are trying to have a specific document write back to SharePoint once it’s completed.

There is something that I’m trying to understand from your explanation and I would appreciate it if you can clarify. When you say “ DocuSign account will be used to send many types of documents but I only want one type of document to be sent to this SharePoint site”, can you confirm if the NDA and the contract would be in the same envelope (following your example)? Or would they be in separate envelopes?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge, thanks for the response. To answer your question, the documents would be in separate envelopes. However, the issue is no longer relevant as we changed our configuration. We are now using a specific DS account for automations and are configuring from the DS admin account, which user’s envelopes can trigger the flow. It seems to work fine so far. Thanks!

Hello @Izzy ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m glad to hear  that your issue was converted and resolved. Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any other concerns. Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!