Skip to main content
Question

"When an envelope status changes (Connect) (V3)" is creating multiple Connect configurations

Hello Community,

I’m using a flow in Power Automate to save documents from completed envelopes to sharepoint and API the detail to another service. 

I successfully used "When an envelope status changes (Connect) (V3)" to trigger the flow and provide the needed documents and detail, but every individual run of the flow (one envelope), creates a duplicate of the Docusign Connect configuration. Very soon after, this results in too many requests at a time because every envelope is basically requested a few dozen times. 

How would I prevent this from happening? All I did to connect Power Automate’s "When an envelope status changes (Connect) (V3)" is to choose my account, give the flow a name, and choose to listen to completed envelopes, the initial Connect configuration was created automatically.

Hello @Guy Mor

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you are having some issues with connect creating duplicates configurations.

To confirm, is the issue on the API side, with Power Automate, or when is exported to SharePoint?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I’m experiencing the same behavior. Using Microsoft Power Automate to create an envelope, add documents and send the created envelope. 

After that i would like to wait till the envelope status changes to envelope-completed. But it keeps creating a configuration and after a while the flow errors with the “MAX_CONNECT_CUSTOM_CONFIGURATION_EXCEEDED” error

This seems to happen with the new V3 connector. I used the now deprecated (V2) action before without any problems.

Is this a known issue? and is there any fix or should we create our own Power Automate action to check for envelop status?

I am encountering the same issue when I’m creating a Power Automate triggering on the DocuSign connector listening for an envelope-completed event. Every time I trigger the flow, another connect configuration is created. This is causing issues because every time the flows runs it’s now using the most recently created connector and the settings aren’t what they should be. I’m utilizing the documents coming back in the response JSON and those settings are not set by default. Therefore, any time a new connection is used it’s not including that in the response, thus failing my power automate.

I am encountering the same issue when I’m creating a Power Automate triggering on the DocuSign connector listening for an envelope-completed event. Every time I trigger the flow, another connect configuration is created. This is causing issues because every time the flows runs it’s now using the most recently created connector and the settings aren’t what they should be. I’m utilizing the documents coming back in the response JSON and those settings are not set by default. Therefore, any time a new connection is used it’s not including that in the response, thus failing my power automate.

We experience the same which is sending 15+ notification e-mails to our employees that a document has been signed. For now I deactivated all duplicate connections in Connect and kept 1 active. Now we have to wait till someone signs a document and what will happen. 

Same issue. DocuSign is creating multiple connections in Settings > Connect section. The power automate flow was created following same process as a working one, but the new flow has this issue. I am currently in the development environment testing before re-creating in production. I run a test and it can create up to 20 flows trying to run at the same time giving me an error of too many connections. DocuSign shouldn't allow the same connection name more than once configuration. 

Same here.. My flow was working a few days ago i ran a lot of test without any issue but since yesterday... my flow runs multiple time for the same envelopp (when an envelopp is completed) and the docusign trigger create multiple “configurationID” leading to “MAX_CONNECT_CUSTOM_CONFIGURATION_EXCEEDED” error...

I'm encountering a problem similar to yours. Everything was functioning smoothly in my workflow until a few days ago. I conducted numerous tests without any complications.

However, starting from yesterday, my workflow has been failing and getting stuck at “when an envelope status changes”. When looked at DocuSign Connect configurations, it shows multiple "configuration ID" instances for the same connect, eventually causing the "MAX_CONNECT_CUSTOM_CONFIGURATION_EXCEEDED" error to occur.

It would be very helpful if Docusign can look into this and share some solution as I have tight deadlines on the process I’m currently building.

Hello, 

I apologize for the lateness in the reply, There is currently a bug with Power Automate creating multiple DocuSign Connect configurations, which will lead to the MAX_CONNECT_CUSTOM_CONFIGURATION_EXCEEDED”, the bug tickets are FLOW-528 and FLOW-303.

Our engineers are working on a solution for this, We do not have an ETA to provide on when the solution is going to be deployed, I will update this as soon as I get new information on this.

You can create a case with DocuSign Support and link your accounts to the bug tickets to get new updates through DocuSign Support.

Best regards,

Same issue.

How do we connect our accounts to the FLOW-528 and FLOW-303 in the support center?

Tyler Hadl

We experience the same which is sending 15+ notification e-mails to our employees that a document has been signed. For now I deactivated all duplicate connections in Connect and kept 1 active. Now we have to wait till someone signs a document and what will happen. 

What was the result for you on this?

How do we connect our accounts to the FLOW-528 and FLOW-303 in the support center?

Tyler Hadl

I have the same question.

Hello, 

When you create a case the Support agent will link your account.

To open a support case with DocuSign, log into the DocuSign Support Center using your credentials. Select your profile image, then click on "Manage Cases" and "New Case". Choose a category and sub-category for your issue, complete the case form, and submit the case. Case statuses include Open, My Action Required, Pending, and Closed. If your case is closed but the issue persists, open a new case and include the case number of the closed case in your comment. How do I open a case in the DocuSign Support Center?

Best regards,

Hello, 

When you create a case the Support agent will link your account.

To open a support case with DocuSign, log into the DocuSign Support Center using your credentials. Select your profile image, then click on "Manage Cases" and "New Case". Choose a category and sub-category for your issue, complete the case form, and submit the case. Case statuses include Open, My Action Required, Pending, and Closed. If your case is closed but the issue persists, open a new case and include the case number of the closed case in your comment. How do I open a case in the DocuSign Support Center?

Best regards,

So, this is on the support agent to link our case to the proper internal bugs being tracked? Okay, could we know how we get confirmation this has been done?

Same issue here. We are also saving the file in a fileshare, so we have a workaround where we can check if the file exists before sending an email to the business unit, but this is still pretty annoying. Hopefully we can get an escalation.

Hello, 

The Support agent will be able to provide you the confirmation that your account has been link to the bug ticket.

Currently, you can manually delete the multiple DocuSign Connect configurations in DocuSign eSignature Settings. This is a manual workaround until the bug has been fixed and the fix being released into the live systems.

Best regards,

Hello Christopher,

Do you have any news ? Or maybe a timeline for when this issue will be resolved ?

This bug have a signficant impact on our company process..

Please let us know.

Hello, 

Currently, a fix is being deployed, but it may take a few days to be fully deployed, I do not have an exact ETA, however, be aware that if the fix does not work it may roll back, I recommend waiting till the end of the next week if the issue persists please reach out to DocuSign Support.

Best regards,

Hi,

I hope you all are doing well.

The fix has been fully deployed, are you still encountering the same issue?

Best regards,