Solved

what should be changed and how to change in DocuSgin e-Signature, if we are changing the email/SSO domain name

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Background:

Now we are using Azure AD ID username@old-domain-name.com as Single Sign On to login DocuSign. And in near future, we will switch to username@new-domain-name.com. (same user ID, but different domain name). The email change will be done within Microsoft 365.

Requirements & Questions:

To ensure the smooth transition for the domain name change, what should we do in DocuSign? Could you please help me to understand what we should do/change at DocuSign side? A few things in my minds, but please help to list what else is required but I may miss.

-         The user will use the user ID with new domain name, and same user name, to login DocuSign as usual. And we need to ensure the users can still be able to view their historical envelopes that they submitted/approved. This is CRITICAL..

-         From admin side, what we should do? I found the user’s email field is not editable. How to change their mail suffix from the old one to new one? Can DocuSign support help on this? Or Are my internal DocuSign IT admin able update them? If yes, how? I suppose – with the domain name change, each user will still keep one ID in DocuSign, instead of 2 IDs.

-         What else we should take care and setup?

Looking forward to your help!

icon

Best answer by Community Expert 31 May 2023, 14:37

View Original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

To answer your first question, if everything goes well, there will be no changes other than their email domain, they will still have access to all of their documents and they can log in as usual.

Regarding the transition, you would need to claim this new domain in the DocuSign Admin section (this would need to be done by the person that has access to the Organization), once claimed you can go ahead and update the users email with a bulk update, please make sure that the emails are also updated in the Identity Provider's side.

How to claim a domain: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=tku1629136038406&topicId=imn1643232217878.html&_LANG=enus

How to bulk update users: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=mab1593057248352.html&_LANG=enus

If you need a more detailed step-by-step on how to do these changes, please create a case with customer support: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3

Hi Nathaly,

Unfortunately, following How to claim a domain:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=tku1629136038406&topicId=imn1643232217878.html&_LANG=enus

, I can’t find DocuSign Admin – Domains (Screenshot #1). Meanwhile, I suppose that I am the DocuSign administrator (refer to the 2nd, 3rd screenshot), who should have the permission to access the DocuSign Admin section (this would need to be done by the person that has access to the Organization), as you mentioned. But it seems not. May you advise how to access DocuSign Admin – Domain?

image001

image005 

Thanks & Regards,

Austin Huang

Userlevel 3

Hi @Nathaly Monge​ , any advice for this? Appreicated!

Userlevel 3

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

That is correct, the Organization can only be accessed by the DocuSign admin, this would be someone in your company, if you do not know who this is, please reach out to your Help Desk or contact your IT department.

Best regards,

Userlevel 3

hi @Nathaly Monge​ , we already find out who has the DocuSign top/super permission in our org, but we still don't find DocuSign Admin - domain. Please see the below screenshot, which is our admin menu. May I bother you further to advise the next steps, and what I can do? Thanks!

admin2admin1

Userlevel 3

Hello,

The screenshots you provided are of the settings tab to which a normal admin would have access to, the domain section I speak of will not show there, the person you believe to be the DocuSign Admin should be able to see a 3 by 3 grid on the top left corner of the screen which they would use to access the Organization and it's settings, please view the screenshot below:

Best regards,

Userlevel 3

Hi @Nathaly Monge​ , I just don't have the 3*3 grid / Admin at top left corner (the 1st screenshot). And at the same time, I reach out to our Account Director, and he confirmed that I am the Admin. (refer to the 2nd screenshot) . Why I still can't access DocuSign Admin - Domain.. Please check it in the backend, and advise it. Looking forward to your reply asap. 

(removed screenshots due to personal information)

Userlevel 3

Hello,

If you do not see the grid it is due to you not being the DocuSign Organizational Admin, you are the admin for the account but you are not the Organizational Admin, it would be someone else, unfortunately, we are not able to disclose who this person can be due to our policy and for security reasons.

I would recommend creating a case with DocuSign Support: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Best regards,