Skip to main content

Hi I am new to DocuSign. 

I am trying to create a flow in Power Automate which will create an envelope using an existing template and then it will add a document to this envelope while applying the template to the document. It will then add recipients and send out the envelope. 

I have created the following flow to accomplish this: 

The issue is that the above flow is unable to apply the template to the added document. The final result is that the added document is appended to the sample document that is already there in the template. The fields are there in the sample document however, the added document does not have any fields. So, it seems like the template was not applied to the added document. 

Is there a way to apply the template to the added document such that it has all the fields for the recipient. At the same time the sample document in the template should be removed and replaced by the added document. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello @nitish555,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

Besides the template not being applied and the document being append, are you getting any error messages?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

@nitish555 

Unfortunately, you cannot achieve this with the Docusign Standard Connector for Power Automate, as Composite Templates are not yet implemented. You will need this functionality to upload a document and apply a template. It is possible to do this with a Custom Connector for Docusign in Power Automate and adding the API call to it. I have done this years ago for customers as part of a service engagement.

@nitish555

Unfortunately, you cannot achieve this with the Docusign Standard Connector for Power Automate, as Composite Templates are not yet implemented. You will need this functionality to upload a document and apply a template. It is possible to do this with a Custom Connector for Docusign in Power Automate and adding the API call to it. I have done this years ago for customers as part of a service engagement.

Hi @Michael.Rave ,

Thanks a lot for responding. 

Could you please explain how this functionality can be achieved using a composite template? 

Thanks. 

Hello @nitish555,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

Besides the template not being applied and the document being append, are you getting any error messages?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Christopher.Alpizar ,

Thanks for responding. 

To answer your question, no I am not getting any error messages. The flow is able to run successfully and send out envelopes but with the issues mentioned in the post. 

Could you please explain how this functionality can be achieved using a composite template? 

@nitish555 

When using a composite template you can upload a document using the “document” element and then apply a server template using the “ServerTemplate” element to it.

This way you can upload a document from SharePoint, apply the template and fill out all recipients, fields, etc. in a single step in Power Automate. This requires you to set up a Custom Connector for Docusign eSignature, where you implement the “create envelope” endpoint with composite template payload.

@nitish555

When using a composite template you can upload a document using the “document” element and then apply a server template using the “ServerTemplate” element to it.

This way you can upload a document from SharePoint, apply the template and fill out all recipients, fields, etc. in a single step in Power Automate. This requires you to set up a Custom Connector for Docusign eSignature, where you implement the “create envelope” endpoint with composite template payload.

Hi @Michael.Rave 

With a little difficulty in setting up OAuth for the API call and figuring out the composite template syntax, I was able to send the envelopes with desired tabs on the uploaded document in Power Automate. 

Thank you so much for your guidance. It was pivotal in helping us crack this. 

Well done, @nitish555👏