Skip to main content
Solved

Reminder settings are not working when we send the envelope using the DocuSign connector in Power Automate.

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I am currently using the DocuSign connector in Power Automate to send and receive e-signatures for documents. DocuSign application has the ability to set up sending reminders until the document is signed. However, I have tried setting up reminders through the settings menu, but have not received any reminder emails from the DocuSign application. Can you please help me solve this issue?

Hello, Suji

You mentioned that have adjusted the Reminders in the Settings option. After activating the Reminders and days for the first notification and the regular ones, make sure you SAVED that.

The setting will be applied only for NEW envelopes sent. Those sent before you adjusting the settings will not inherit that.

To isolate if the issue is happening in the eSignature side or Power Automate, send a new Envelope from the DocuSign eSignature Home page, in the Advanced Options of the envelope verify if the reminders are set on it, if so, send the envelope after adding recipient(s) and Sign here field or others. If you set the first reminder as 1 so in the next day you will get the Reminder Notification, I mean, your recipient (signer). One day is the minimum interval for sending reminders. 

If doing this, you see the reminder was sent so it’s something to verify in the Power Automate side, Perhaps in Power Automate when you are setting the step in your workflow there is an option to active reminders.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Hello @Suji John ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you so much for your response and its useful to understand. I can see the “Add reminder for an envelope” action in the Power automate. But when I try to use this action I am receiving this error.

“This User lacks sufficient permissions. Setting: userOverrideEnabled.” Please refer the screen shot. 

Could you please advise me on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Suji John ,

While it may or may not be relevent for your specific scenario it’s important to keep in mind that envelope/recipient reminders and expirations have 3 unique areas in which they can be set:

• The envelope level. This is when you customize the expiration and reminders for a specific envelope being sent out.
  • The account level. This is usually owned by the administrator and set as an account default if the reminders and expirations are not customized for the specific envelope.
  • The system default level. This is what is used when reminders and expirations are not specifically defined by an integration or when using the DocuSign API. There is a node within our API that specifically asks if you want to use the account default, a custom reminder/expiration for the envelope, or, when left empty, it uses the system default level of 120 days until expiration.

My assumption here is that you are running into an instance of the third bullet triggering. Here is a blog post that covers this topic in a bit more detail. Because you are using an integration that interacts with our API, if there is an option to do so, I would be sure to include your desired reminder and expiration rules within the configuration in PowerAutomate to ensure those events are firing when you want them to.

As far as the error above, you’ll want to be sure that the user in Power Automate is the same person or has permissions to access envelopes sent by the user in the web app​​​​​​​

I was able to solve this issue by making sure the “allow senders to override account defaults” checkbox was checked on the settings → reminders and expiration settings page.