Skip to main content
Solved

Pull custom O365 Sharepoint fields into a document template

• 17 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi I have a sharepoint list, that on a new entry fires a MS flow to send a Docusign Template out and pull into the template some of the sharepoint fields for that new row i added. I have managed to get it to pull through some dynamic content from my Sharepoint list, but not all. The fields that work are where i have setup signatures in the template. I created some custom fields in docusign and addeded these to template but i have not managed to get the MS flow action "Send Envelope with Template" to show / use custom fields. e.g. if i had a field called salary, i would like this to be pulled from my SP List. However as you can see it just shows signature fields in the attached despite having this placedholder added to the template

Hi,

I just checked and unfortunately the Microsoft Flow connector for DocuSign does not support custom fields.

The way it is build right now only allows to select a template and the signers, but no additional fields or such.

Find more details on the available Flow triggers and action:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/docusign/#actions

Hi, thanks for this. It seems to be a key feature that is missing on the sharepoint side of things, i.e. imagine a SP list where you can configure all the data your letter needs "candidate, salary on offer etc" all the user has to do is enter the data in the list and the template stored in docusign can pull in the key data ready for sigining. I cant see the benefit of using templates with sharepoint without this feature?

Hi,

yes, the functionality is rather limited at the moment, compared to other DocuSign connectors.

Did you try the DocuSign connector for Microsoft SharePoint 365 to see if it fits your needs?

https://www.docusign.com/solutions/microsoft/sharepoint-online

Another idea would be a DocuSign PowerForm with additional attributes in the URL to pre-populate data in the underlying template. If you pre-fill all required data fields, DocuSign will automatically send the PowerForm.

HI,

me again, after running another test with Microsoft Flow - which can be the solution you are looking for.

1. You create a Microsoft Flow to call the DocuSign API directly for template creation. It is a very simple flow, that consists of only two elements:
    1. Trigger: SharePoint For a selected item (to make the flow appear in your SharePoint)
    2. Action HTTP action (configure to use DocuSign REST API properly)
  2. You create a SharePoint list with all the details you want inside of the DocuSign envelope.
  3. You select the row and trigger the custom Microsoft Flow, that you created before.

You may need to dig a little deeper into the DocuSign REST API to call the right endpoints, but you are not limited anymore by what the connector is capable of. Instead you have the full DocuSign REST API available.