Skip to main content
Question

Power Automate Fails "The email address for the recipient is invalid. The recipient Id follows. Recipient Id: 1"

• 11 March 2024
  • 8 replies

Hello

I was trying to run the power automate flow including with DocuSign, but it keeps failing in part of DocuSign by saying this “The email address for the recipient is invalid. The recipient Id follows. Recipient Id: 1”. I checked so many times that nothing wrong with the recipient emails. 

Are there any other way to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Phantia

Have you also checked that not only the email address is provided, but also the full name of the recipient? If no full name is provided, the recipient details are incomplete and you are not able to send the envelope.

The error message relates to the first recipient in the envelope, a screenshot of the step in Power Automate would help to determine that it was correctly set up.

Are you using a template? Did you fill out all recipient roles (name and email address)?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Phantia,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Hi @Michael.Rave,

I am receiving the same error when trying to send an envelope via Power Automate.  It had a few successful runs but now it’s failing again.
I am using a template, but the recipients are coming from a SharePoint list (they are always different).  I have both the signers Display Names and Emails added as dynamic content.  

There’s another Flow that populates the SharePoint list before this one fires.  I have included a delay between the two to allow time for data to populate.  Could this have something to do with it?  

Here is a screenshot of Recipient one:

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RebekahG 

Have you checked for a failed flow, if the name and email address were properly populated in the SharePoint list before this flow was kicked off? If you think this is a timing issue you may want to increase the delay and see if that resolves it. It may also be that the name and email address may be in the wrong format, e.g. no proper email address was provided for that specific row. I recommend to add a trim() around the input values from SharePoint to remove a blank at the beginning and end, which may have been entered in error.

Badge +1

@Michael.Rave 

I looked at the failed flow and both the display name and emails were NOT there. I find that strange when my previous flow was successful in populating the SharePoint list with the name and email almost immediately.  
Does it take longer for the back-end metadata to be saved?  I increased the delay to 6 minutes which seems too long but it IS working again.  I’m assuming I don’t need to add the trim unless you think that would help with the delay?

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RebekahG 

I cannot tell you how long Microsoft Power Automate actually takes. but if it works with setting a delay to 6 minutes for your use case, then I would suggest to keep it that way.

Badge +1

Thank you for your help @Michael.Rave
I don’t see the option to mark as Resolved but my portion is.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RebekahG,

Thank you for following up.

I am glad to see that @Michael.Rave was able to assist you in solving your issue.

To answer your question, you may mark one of his comments as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. This will also mark your question as “Solved” in the Community.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!