Skip to main content
Question

Outlook Web Docusign Integration Send Email issue

• 23 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello Docusign Community!,

an issue appeared in march for us and after submitting support requests to Docusign, Adobe (we use esign there too) and Microsoft - I haven’t seen a resolution (finger pointing) and then just basically check back soon… 

1. Open email in Outlook on the web which has attachment to sign is attached, click the Docusign icon -then click Sign Now.
2. Proceed thru process of signing click Finish, "You’re all done" appears - good at this point.
3. Click on "Send By Email", and a new email window appears, then an error just below the top ribbon appears, "The following files couldn't be attached: TestDoc.pdf. Please try again later."

notes:

1. The test document is 27kb.
  2. Latest versions of Chrome & Edge tested.
  3. Cleared caches, reboots, updates.
  4. Turned firewall off
  5. Windows 10 & 11. Multiple PCs at work and privately owned PCs tested.

I cannot find evidence that others are also experiencing this issue. What could cause this?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

JC

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @JC6809E ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!.

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error regarding attachments, I understand this shows when trying to send by email via Outlook.

I found the following bug on our side regarding your exact issue: OWA-1863

Unfortunately, according to our engineers this is a an issue with Office and not directly with the Docusign Add-On which is out of Docusign’s control. We are still waiting on a fix from their side.

You can track their progress on the issue here: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/4300

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge

We are experiencing the same issue in OWA when trying to attach a signed document to the draft email and receive the “Please try again later” error message. 

Any updates on when this issue will be resolved, it is currently affecting 40 of our users. 

Regards,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @JC6809E and @userbob808 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!.

I’m sorry to hear that you are also getting an error regarding attachments. 

Unfortunately, there isn’t an update from Office’s side, our engineers has temporarily decided to remove the option completely. However, I still recommend you to track Office’s progress on the issue here: https://github.com/OfficeDev/office-js/issues/4300

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @JC6809E and @userbob808 ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,