Skip to main content

I am utilizing a Power Apps cloud flow to send out a single document/envelope to 2 separate recipients, with a separate signature tab for each. 

I am looking for a way to trigger a flow when one of the individuals sign, but before the envelope is ‘completed’ and update a record in Dynamics365 with a status that recipient1 has signed, and recipient2 is still pending signature. Upon review of the available triggers, I see one for envelope-completed but this is for after both signatures would have been received.

Is this possible using the out of the box connector?

Hello @SpencerM ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

To see if I understood correctly, you are looking for a way to trigger a flow after a document is signed by the first recipient but before it is completed, is that right?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @nathaly.monge,

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Yes, that is correct. I would like to be able to update a record after whichever recipient initially signs.

For context, I am adding a tab for each recipient via the ‘Add tabs for a recipient on an envelope’ action and utilizing an anchor string to tie the tab to the envelope, after generating a document, and subsequent envelope all within the same flow. 

I have since been testing on my end and found that even after I sign in the first tab, when I call the ‘get info for recipient tab’ to check the value of the tab(whether it was signed or not), it only returns the tab name with not other value(s).

Hello @SpencerM ,

Thank you for reaching back and for clarifying.

It looks like thee “get info for recipient tab” action is broken at the moment and doesn't return anything. Do you need to get the sign tab "value" or would you just need it to react to signer 1 signing and finishing outright?

If you just want to react to the signer finishing, then you would want to use the recipient-completed event which isn't available in Power Automate so you would need to go and switch it to that within the connect configuration or add it as a custom value.

For reference, the “get info for recipient tab” as a ticket opened with your engineering team and should be release within the next month: FLOW-571

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!